Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract end date

Tragicyclist
4: Newbie

When I log into My Vodafone the contract expiry date is incorrect. It expires 21 October 2017 but shows as July 2018 online. I have been in touch with Vodafone three times this week using Livechat. Each time the agent agrees that it is wrong and promises to change it. The last time was this morning when I was told it would definitely be done within a couple of hours. Four hours later it's still showing the incorrect date.

I'm utterly sick of Vodafone's appalling seervice and want to terminate my contract but have to give 30 days notice. If I give notice now based on the expiry date shown on the system of July 2018 I will incurr substatial charges and will end up in an interminable argument with Vodafone. Meanwhile, the phone will be paid for and I'll still be paying an inflated monthly charge. How on earth do I get Vodafone to act?

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Tragicyclist

I've seen similar past posts where the contract dates didn't tally. 

If Live Chat gave not been able to help then I'd suggest to call Customer Services on 191. 

I assume you've not changed any allowances of your tariff since you signed up ?

If you do give 30 days notice or use a Pac code then it's highly likely yes to incur the early termination fee to what's currently showing on your account. 

Other than that we have Vodafone Social Media Team here who read all posts and help where they can so please let them catch up with your post and I'm sure that they will help you with this situation if they can. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Many thanks. No I've not changed anything. I have three phones on my account. Two were upgraded October 2015 and had contract expiry dates in October 2017. Both showed the incorrect expiry date. They've fixed it on one of them but not the other despite my requests in the same Live Chat.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Tragicyclist This sounds like something we'd be able to fix for you on our end ☺️

So we're able to assist, please check the private message I've sent and contact us directly. 

Thanks. But after five engagements over six days with the Live Chat people they finally did what they promised to do within two hours last Sunday. The expiry date was fixed today and I promptly cancelled this and one of my other contracts that was expiring. This latest experience was the final straw after years of frankly appalling customer service including a dispute that I took to the Ombudsman. Done with Vodafone now.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear you've now left us @Tragicyclist.

If there's anything that we can do to help in the future, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

It's really sad that the service steps up a gear only when a customer either threatens to cancel or issues notice of cancellation. Throughout the week I was trying to sort my issue out I simply got repeated broken promises and apologies. My repeated requests for an escalation process were ignored. The moment I issued notice of cancellation I was bombarded with calls with offers of assistance. I'm afraid  it's far too late at that point. You need to escalate problems way before it reaches that stage.

Since you offer far better deals to new customers than existing customers who are upgrading, surely it makes sense to take better care of your existing customers? Your margins would certainly improve. Or maybe Vodafone is so awash with cash it doesn't need to make anymore money?