Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract ended, price increased significantly

User1401
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Good day,

My contract ended around 5 months ago (currently in process of sorting a new contract out).

Last month, I saw my bill increased £15 on top of the agreed contract price from before, despite there being no extra charges on my account.

This month, I saw my bill is £20 extra, again with no extra charges on my account.

I'm guessing this is due to the various discounts that were applied on my contract deal having 'expired' and been taken off my account, though is this significant increase normal, being that my contract ended? Or, should I not have been charged extra, as my monthly rental should have continued to be the same price, as per my last contract until cancelled?

I'm guessing it's the latter, being that I was charged the previous contract monthly rental for a few months even after my contract had expired (the extra charges have only been in the last 2 months), though I'd like to make sure.

Appreciate any help

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

The discount usually lasts only for the 24 month contractual term @User1401

After 24 months discounts can end as the contract drops onto a 30 day rolling contract.

It's then advised to re negotiate via an upgrade and or go onto a sim only or payg if the phone is still meeting your needs.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Appreciate the reply,

Understood the above, but it's more about whether I have grounds to claim the money back, as I certainly cannot remember anything being said/written that the monthly rental would increase after x amount of time.

What do you think?

BandOfBrothers

When opening up the contract or upgrading the agent should have gone through the particulars with you and if its online etc they then email a copy or if in store give you a hard copy of the contract and particulars.

The deal negotiated might be on your account notes for Vodafone to reflect back on.

The discount lasts for the contractual term unless otherwise stated.

By accepting the contract a person accepts the Terms and Conditions.

That said you don't get if you don't ask ! :Winking_smiley:

A person can check when their current discount ends using the My Vodafone account, or app.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi

If you had checked the My Vodafone Application this would have given you the length of time the discount was valid and you would have been able to use this loyalty discount when you next upgraded.  You would also have been able to see the monthly charges from the application and this would have given you the information needed to raise the increased charge and end of discount.

Unfortunately, with Vodafone giving you the information needed through your online account and the Application, I don't think you can really dispute the charge. If you upgrade, this may be something Vodafone will be able to take in to consideration.  I think maintaining the same price at the end of a full contract is something the regulator , Ofcom, is going to be looking at.  In fairness to you, the customer, you have already paid for the phone and the charge should automatically decrease after 24 months.  

However, there is never any harm asking if a goodwill gesture is possible, give the forum team time to get to the thread, they will be able to help.