Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract ending

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to know when i give 30 days notice as my contract will be up in april this year will i be charged and also what happens to my vodafone account how long does it take to close my accout down alltogether if someone could advise me that would be great 

8 REPLIES 8

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous  are you wanting to keep your number and move it to a new provider?

63johnw

Anonymous
Not applicable

If possible yeah 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke with someone the other day from voda ive been with them for 6 years my contract ends april 4th this year i want to know what happens when ive given 30 days notice to end my contract do i no longer have an account with vodafone when my contract ends 

BandOfBrothers

@Anonymous wrote:

I spoke with someone the other day from voda ive been with them for 6 years my contract ends april 4th this year i want to know what happens when ive given 30 days notice to end my contract do i no longer have an account with vodafone when my contract ends 

If you give 30 days notice then after that notice your contact ends and your mobile number is put back into the number pool to be re issued back out at a later date @Anonymous 

You'll no longer have a live account but Vodafone would still hold the info of your contract for accounting purposes.

Tip 》 don't cancel your direct debit until the final bill is paid which can take 2-4 weeks to produce and collect via Direct debit. Then you'll recieve a sorry your leaving letter and £0 bill which confirms account cancellation.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had a phone call yesterday from vodafone asking me if i wantee an upgrade on my handset i declined because of my experience of what happened in 2018 and even today nothing much has changed cant charge me for services that are not active maybe if my account was rectified in 2018 and recalculated properley then i would have stayed as a customer i will be sorry to leave vodafone but due to account issues and more thats just my opinion no negativity here just my choice 

BandOfBrothers

@Anonymous 

If your wanting to move your mobile number to another network then you can do this via a Pac. As soon as you give the Pac from Vodafone to the new network your Vodafone contract will end.

You can do this anytime you want but its recommended to do this 30 days before the end of your contract end date as possible to lessen any early termination fees.

How-do-I-get-a-PAC-or-STAC-code-to-leave-Vodafone. 

If your simply wanting to end your contract and give up possession of your mobile number then check the end date of your contract i.e not any early upgrade date and give 30 days notice to Vodafone prior to your contract end date.

Vodafone then take around 2-4 weeks to produce the final bill which is taken via direct debit.

Please don't cancel your direct debit until the final bill is paid and you've recieved a Sorry your leaving letter and a £0 bill

You could even ask for your contract to be converted to Payg which takes 30 days and ends the contract.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Once your minimum term is over, if you use a PAC/STAC, you don't have to pay the 30 days notice. You stop paying the day the PAC/STAC is used.