Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract extortionate

Barney-47
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a 24month contract with onecom your sister company when I went to renew the contract I went for a sim only deal for £14.50 per month to be reviewed after 12 month on the understanding with the rep but after the 12 months it has gone up to £37.30 which is extortionate 3 times as much as any other company  after several conversations one com would not help...being a vodafone customer for over 20 years I feel really disappointed with the company and customer service

3 REPLIES 3

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Onecom is not a Vodafone sister company. It is a wholly independent company that, like Carphone warehouse for instance, sells Vodafone products. They do have the status of a Vodafone partner and sometimes Vodafone transfer customers to them. This may be what happened in your case and the T&Cs we all sign as customers allows them to do this. Vodafone doesn't control the tariffs that OneCom offers.

The price increase is probably due to a discount coming to an end after 12 months. But Vodafone itself won't be able to help you as you are no longer their customer, as odd as that might sound. You will have to deal with OneCom.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

AnnS

Hi @Barney-47

If you are transferring to SIM only, you would be better off cancelling the contract with OneCom and purchasing a SIM only direct from Vodafone, this will work out a lot cheaper for you and you will be able to deal direct with Vodafone.

The problem will be keeping the same number, as you can't port Vodafone to Vodafone, this is going to involve requesting a PAC code from OneCom, moving the number out to any other alternative network on PAYG, making a few chargeable calls with the other network to get the number active on the network and port back into Vodafone on a SIM only and transfer the number using this link : Keep My Number

If the number is not important cancel the contract with OneCom.   OneCom should send a final bill with a 0.00 balance to let you know you have no further responsibility towards the contract and repayments, it is very important this is received before you stop payments.

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

It's a 24 month contract, I doubt cancelling is an option!