cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract renewal but put on incorrect tarriff!!

PiloTT
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Well after renewing my contact a few days ago it would appear that I have been put on a tarriff that I did not agree too and after a very long and frustrating call to Voda complaints, I was told that they only have a record of HALF of the chat transcript (up to the point I was transferred to the retentions team)...and not the part where I confirm the new contact details. Fortunatley I DO have a copy of the transcript that shows the error but because this in not on the Voda system they are unwilling to honor it. Angry does not even come close...and it seems very convenient that this part of th chat is missing. Its also not the first time this has happened to me and it appears the sales people are able to delete chat records and deny they even took place. How do I take this complaint further, as I have proof of my agreement from my copy of the chat transcript that was emailed to me?

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @PiloTT

At a guess you have been put on a retention tariff.  When Vodafone offer a discount on a contract, they are unable to make up a plan and have to take a standard tariff and add the discount and extra.  You should be able to see the upgrade at the agreed price on phone application and online account.

If the upgrade is not correct this will need account access from the forum team, just give them time to get to the thread.

Thank you AnnS,

Essentially the cost, minutes and data were as agreed but I specifically asked if it was a "Red Extra" contract and it turns out they put me on an "Essentials" Tarriff. I made it very clear that I needed the "Red Extra" plan for the Wifi Calling feature that is not available on the Essentials plan.

AnnS

Hi @PiloTT

Don't worry, you have 30 days to cancel the upgrade.  It should be a simple task for live chat or CS to cancel the upgrade and get you onto the correct tariff for you to take advantage of WiFi calling. The problem will be if you have a phone to go with the upgrade, Vodafone don't make it easy and you will need to return the phone and start again.  SIM only shouldn't be any problem.

The quickest way would be the Customer Service route, but if you are not in a hurry the team will be able to help.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@PiloTT I’m sorry to hear you’re on the wrong plan following your recent upgrade.

So we can help get this sorted, please follow the steps in the private message I’ve sent to you.