cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract switched to Pay as you Go in error - Am i the first?

Redemption80
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Around 4 months ago i missed my payments and was line was restricted, obviously my fault but due to the default DD date i went with manual payments, and while i can be abit slow i always paid.

This time it went weird and my accout ended up now sitting in some sort of limbo between a contract and pay as you go.

If i call i am unable to pay my bill as i'm the automated system thinks i'm as a pay as you go customer, and only give me the option to hear the same message or hang up.

If i log into my account online then same problem, showing as PAYG and no options to pay bill.

I spent several hours calling a few months back and was passed back and forward between confused departments before eventuall being put on hold and cut off.

I have tried several times with online help, and they state i'm definetly still showing as a contract customer and have no idea why other departments say i'm pay as you go, but they are unable to help and only advise i go into a store.

The store i visted today was having system issues and i got disconnected twice trying to call (the PAYG department as that is the only dept it lets me connect to) on my lunch, but was wondering if i'm the first person this has happened to as Google is bringing up nothing.

It's dragged on as i have limited energy and time for additional lengthy calls and i just want to pay my bill...

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

This sounds like its not going to be straightforward as definitely needs someone with account access @Redemption80

Please let the Social Media Team here catch up with your post and I'm sure they'll help you with this situation if they can. 

If possible it maybe beneficial to re set up a Direct Debit again. Ask what they can do with the Direct Debit date. 

As thus invloves billing and missed payments I'd also suggest to check your Credit File for defaults or late Payment Markers. Experian can help. Other options to check your credit file are also available. 

Good luck. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I thought it may be, but i found it strange i would be this the first and only person this internal system issue has ever happened to.

As my account is showing as pay as you go i have no way of setting up the Direct Debit online, and on previous calls the PAYG team couldn''t help as they say i'm a contract customer and the contract team can't help because they say i am a PAYG customer.

It's incredibly frustrating and stessfull and i have never had such difficulty trying to hand money over.

I'm new here, how do i go about contacting the Social Media team?

Edit: Sorry, just noticed you said "catch up with my post" thanks for your reply.

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Redemption80 I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us, so we can investigate this.

Thank you for the response.

I may have resolved the issue by going into a Vodafone store, a very helpful member of staff there advised my Billing profile was set to PAYG and set up a new one, and then forwarded my query onto the billing team to authorise.

FYI, it may be better for people to go into the store, as the guy who helped me worked out my issue within minutes and put steps in palce to resolve it.

I don't know if the call centre staff are not as well trained, or have access to limited systems but i wish i had not wasted time calling up.

I still need to wait 48 hours, but at least i'm making progress.

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Redemption80 Thanks for letting us know :Smiling:
It's great to hear one of our store advisers was able to resolve your issue.
If you require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.