Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract

millie09072005
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have recently upgraded my phone and my new phone has a new number, yet my old phone is still on my contract, will it go by next month?

12 REPLIES 12

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @millie09072005 

You have been sold a new contract with a new number, that usually happens when going through a third party.

Unfortunately,  that means having to cancel your previous contract and transferring the number to your new contract. 

The quickest way to transfer the number to your new contract is to ask Vodafone for a PAC for your previous number, port out of Vodafone on PAYG to any other network, request a further PAC and port back into Vodafone on the previous number.  The other way is to transfer the original number to PAYG and transfer the number to the new contract, the problem going this route is with 30 days notice this is going to take 30 days to complete.

If you upgraded through Vodafone, this is done through your online account, by calling telesales or through a Vodafone Store, this would have enabled you to upgrade the same number.

Please see this link to keep your number:  How can I keep my mobile phone number?

BandOfBrothers

Who did you upgrade via @millie09072005 

If you have a cooling off period I'd use it and then start again instead of messing around with transferring stuff.

That said it's your choice.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I upgraded using the vodaphone app, my new phone and my old phone are both accounted for in the bill for my phone.

AnnS

Hi @millie09072005 

You will need to speak to Vodafone through the Customer Service channels for quickness, you only have 14 days to cancel.

Not sure the reason for Vodafone providing an extra line against your account, Customer Services will be able to help.

Alternatively, you can wait for the forum team to catch up with the thread but it won't be quick when time is limited.

Will the phone not be removed when my next bill is due? I have already reset my old phone as I was going to sell it, will that be a problem?

AnnS

@millie09072005 

This is going to need account access, contact Vodafone as soon as possible through the Customer Service channels, they will be able to access your account and find out what has happened.

You don't want to be stuck with having to pay 2 contracts and will need to get the original contract cancelled by following the procedure in my first reply and the number transferred to your new contract.

Really don't understand the reason for Vodafone providing a new number.  Customer Services will help.

On the same account, I have a relatives phone so that the monthly pay is easier, will asking vodaphone to cancel the contract of my old phone affect this?

AnnS

@millie09072005 

Not sure what you mean but if you are saying the original contract is in your relatives name, it will mean your relative will need to speak to Vodafone and you will need the help of your relative. 

I use the vodaphone app to keep track of my bills etc, for efficiency reasons, my relative also has their phone linked to the same vodaphone account, and so each month my relatives phone, and my phone are paid as one bill, but my old phone is still on the bill.