Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract

Yeiji
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, there i hope you guys are good so far. I'm here for asking a contract of pay monthly which can i make it freeze for 5 months give or take. Due to, as all you know this moment is quit affected by pandemic virus for going back to my country, but i'm sure to come back to UK for uni. Afterward, it'll be definitely active.  Number([MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information, please see Community Guidelines])

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Yeiji 

Unless you are in the Armed Forces being posted to a combat zone where the use of a mobile phone is not permitted, you can't freeze a contract, it's a pay monthly contract for a minimum term with a monthly line rental charge.  

I doubt Coronavirus is a reason for freezing a contract but it does not harm to ask. Follow this link: Contact Us 

BandOfBrothers

Hello @Yeiji 

I'd suggest to remove your mobile number as this is a public forum. {Flagged}

There is no account access assistance via the forum anymore.

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat can access your account to officially advise you of your viable options.

I'm sure many are hanging in there with self isolating or being a frontline worker or key worker during these unprecedented times with the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Thank you for asking :Smiling:

You can't suspend your contact I'm afraid but you can either ask for it to go to Payg which takes 30 days to transfer over and then use it by making a call, text or top up every 270 days to keep the account and mobile number live. but there will be an early termination fee 》How-do-I-cancel-my-Pay-monthly-contract.  And 》What-will-my-early-termination-fee-ETF-be. 

How-do-I-switch-between-a-Pay-monthly-and-Pay-as-you-go-plan. 

Or take your Pay Monthly sim with you and roam. It's normally for periodic roaming which is approx 3 months'ish but I've known people roam for longer.

Check about roaming via Travelling-abroad. 

Or consider letting a family member use your contract until you return. You can change the direct debit details to the trusted persons bank account and add them as an trusted person who can access your contract. Obviously trust is important as you'll be ultimately responsible for the contract and Bill's.

Or if someone wants to take your contract on there is Can-I-transfer-my-number-and-contract-to-someone-else. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hello, hOw is doing? 
then i just would like to stop activing my contract after this month. And also i do not understand why i have to pay for those amount of bill, which my bill was postphoned and i should pay previous bill and this month bill which i can understand to pay for it but i got another total bill with 74.64

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Yeiji As @BandOfBrothers & @AnnS have advised, we're unable to discuss account details here. So we can take a look into your bill and your options regarding your contract, pop us a Private message on Facebook or Twitter and we'll be happy to help 😊