Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Corporate Discount

ColinGrant
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I recently ugraded to an iPhone XS. Was told that if I had a connection with one of the qualifying institutioins (banks in this case) I would get a discount on the mnthly cost.  I do have a connection and was told the discount would be applied. Have just received confirmation of the upgrade from Vodafone and it is showing the full £58 as the monthly cost. What is going on here?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @ColinGrant 

At a guess this will be Lloyds Bank.

The information with the form to complete is on the link below.

Employee Advantage Scheme

No. It was either State Street Bank & Trust or HSBC.

Should add, I was told I either have to work at or know someone who does work at the institution concerned. The fact that I am retired from Lloyds Bank does not qualify me apparently. Nothing about additional forms was mentioned, I was told the deal I mentioned was it and would be applied.

AnnS

Hi @ColinGrant 

The discount is given by the employer and not by Vodafone, you need to check on the company intranet, this will confirm if the company you are employed by gives the discount as an employee benefit.

If you know anyone who works for a company participating in the scheme, they would be able to add you as a friend or family but it's only one extra discount per application.

Then I have been mislead during the online chat and order. I was even asked for the name of someone who works at the company. This has to be sorted.

AnnS

Hi @ColinGrant 

Vodafone are not just going to give an employee discount just because you may know someone who works for a company offering the discount to employees.  You have to follow the procedure and approach the person to ask if it is possible to add your name to the friends and family but with it only being one extra discount per employee, the extra discount entitlement may already be taken.

This is a discount offered by corporate companies who are Vodafone clients, it is not something that is customer facing.

If you are not happy, you have 14 days to return the phone and cancel the agreement.

That will not deal with the issue of dodgy sales staff in their employ will it?  It will all be recorded on the chat, which incidentally I asked to be emailed but it never arrived. if I was mislead then that is an offence that needs to be investigated. Possibly by the authorities if Vodafone will not deal with it themselves. The sales guy specifically said  "I will tell you what deals are avaiable to you" and went on to say "I can give you a discount based on whether you know anybody in one of these companies".

I also notice the upfront charge is not as specified. I was told £90 but have been charged £99.

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi Colin,

I fully agree with your point around being mislead.

The best advice we can give on here is to reach out to Vodafone to get them to look into this.

If you're wanting to raise a complaint, go to www.vodafone.co.uk/complaints and choose your preferred method of contact.

The forum is no longer supported as a contact method. If you're wanting to use social media to make contact then Facebook and Twitter are the preferred options. 

Personally though, I would recommend the complaints option as they're really proactive and will get this logged and resolved for you.

Good luck!