Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Credit Check Fail - No Check Commpleted

darren1976
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Allpied for a new phone through a third party provider (not direct with vodafone) for myself and two collegues.  As had been advised by Vodafone to get the deal we want to buy the phones as personal and then transfer to business if needed (from Glasgow Buchanan Galleries Store)

All three phones failed credit check - no credit check was carried out on the Business Account which had been used but understand may be issue as not accepting a business name on the account

Applied for new phone for myself through personal account and have a High credit rating and never been declined credit ever and phone declined...checked credit search again and this time search was completed. 

Disappointed that false information from a vodafone sales rep may have caused the issue for us getting the deal we wanted which was better than competators - is there anyway this can be reviews or is it as simple as the one failed check with your name associated to it means that cant do anything for 3 months?

21 REPLIES 21

gb22
4: Newbie

Same experience on my parents accounts. Third party told for both credit check failed. Checked credit file and Vodafone hadn't actually conducted a credit check. Have another thread open on this. Not holding out much hope, but will chase it to try and get an answer why theyve wasted our time and told us porkies.

hrym
17: Community Champion

I have personal experience of something similar.   It looks as though the connection fails and the system defaults to "computer says no".  The trouble is that the Vodafone system remembers it and won't let you apply again for a few months.   It needs someone in the right department to look at it manually and do an over-ride if appropriate.  Hang on for a member of the team here to pick up your post.  They'll contact you privately and be able to take this forward.

I would hope they would contact me...I know three mobiles to be paid for by a limited company may not be much but the PR exercise should be more important to Vodafone.

Let's wait and see how much Vodafone value taking business from another operator and their PR.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @darren1976, we'd like to look into this further for you.

So we can get to the bottom of this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our dedicated team. Once we receive your details, we'll be in touch to help as soon as possible.

Thanks for reply Natasha - However i had just had a call from 0808 000 0133 which on searching is vodafone...as i was in the office i asked what the call was in connection with and the caller hung up, to be honest i am absoluutely shocked that the person calling couldnt advise where they were calling from.  I run a business and get various cold calls and always ask what it is in connection with and normally they woudl tell me but not vodafone...why????

If when trying to resolve an issue the least the caller could do is actually say who they are calling from - very very poor customer services. 

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@darren1976

This is disappointing to hear. Did you reply to @Tash's private message? If you can provide me with the email reference (sent in an auto reply), I'll chase this up and see what's going on.

Thanks,

Any update????

Any update??

hrym

When the form is submitted, you should get a confirmation email back and that'll have the reference number in it.   They have been known to go to spam, so check there if you haven't already.   if there's nothing, it sounds as though the form didn't submit properly and there can be several reasons for that (did you, for instance, put the routing code - usually 3 letters and 3 numbers - and nothing else in the subject box?)   I haven't used this system for some time and it tends to change, so I'm not familiar with the exact current procedure.   What you shouldn't do is reply to the PM unless those are the specific instructions.