cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Credit Check failed - No Credit search done?

jcottingham
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I think there has been some kind of system error as Vodafone have declined my contract via [Removed]

I have tried twice in online chat and the Vodafone representatives say it is Experian’s decision but using Experian I can see that Vodafone hasn’t carried out any credit check since January when I took out a fibre broadband contract with them (which I can clearly see, but no checks in the last week).

I have £0 Credit debit already have a contract with Vodafone earn £2.5K a month and only want to take out a £23 a month contract!

It seems like they don’t want any new customers giving them money???

And the normal wait 3 months and try again response is no good because my current phone has died outside of warranty and I need a new phone ASAP.

[Removed] it is going to cost me £100’s more to go anywhere else because of this mistake so I would really like this fixed.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove advertising content please see Community Guidelines]

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @jcottingham

The credit check would have been done by mobiles.co.uk and you need to speak to them regarding the fail. Mobiles.co.uk are part of the Carphone Warehouse Group.  If you Google Carphone Warehouse credit check, you will be able to see the checks they make and the information they look at.  You also need to make sure you are on the electoral roll at your address and everything matches,

There have been instances where may have been an error between the third party and Vodafone and the check was not completed as you have found.

It would be worth waiting for the forum Team to get to the thread, they will be able to see if anything can be done to help.

BandOfBrothers

I appreciate how frustrating it can be when your declined especially if you seem to tick all the boxes to be able to get a contract @jcottingham

Sadly even having a good score does not guarantee acceptance. 

Sometimes a soft credit check is performed which does not leave a search indicator on your Credit File. 

If this was me I would try Carphone Warehouse. 

Also double check your Credit File to to see if everything is up to date and in order. 

Or go for a 12 Month SIM Only and purchase a phone on Payg from Vodafone or one thats acceots a Vodafone sim card or us unlocked from High street Stores such as CEX or Game who sell used and unwanted upgrades. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

I've seen this happpen.   The connection to the credit agency fails, for whatever reason, and the system defaults to a refusal.   There were some instances a while back of another 3rd party supplier's system not integrating properly with either the credit agency or Vodafone (I forget which) and similar problems occuring.

You will indeed need to contact the initial supplier, as they will have initiated the process.

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

When I took out a new contract with Vodafone through the third party that Vodafone remove the name of (amazing how they respond so quickly to that!) it came back with an error. It's Vodafone that do the credit check, not the third party, as the contract is with Vodafone. I phoned Vodafone and they said no credit check had been performed and to get it resubmitted

The first person I spoke to at the third party company was useless. The second person (Damien) did know what could be wrong and managed to get the approval from Vodafone by trying something different and the order progressed.

Ren001
1: Seeker

I have an excellent credit score yet when applying for a Vodafone mobile account via two different companies several months apart, I have been turned down. 

Given this has now happened to me more than once, both companies advise the issue is Vodafone which I am inclined to believe as this is the common factor. 

Ironically when Vodafone were contacted directly I passed with flying colours and qualified for two lines. 

So what preliminary check is being done by Vodafone to reduce the cost of credit searches or are the scorecards flawed full stop?  I’m furious as the fault is clearly with Vodafone and they can’t offer as competitive a package as you can get via a third party.  Do you penalise applicants who are not listed on the open voting register?

Fed up with Vodafone’s inefficiency on this as the problem is definitely them but if they want to discriminate against people with excellent credit records, more fool them.