Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Credit File Ammendment

Reeseleeds
2: Seeker
Basically I applied for a mortgage and it got declined because I’d defaulted on a payment that I never knew I owed (no letters, no calls, texts or emails), that’d been re-occurring every month since 2014. I’ve paid the £19, which I’d of happily paid the first time they’d got in contact with me about it which they never did, nowhere did it state I’d owe anything once my contract was up, I’d paid my final bill and fees. This is not on and I’m really not happy as this £19 default will end up costing me thousands in mortgage interest and upping the criteria I need to be able to find a lender.
8 REPLIES 8

Reeseleeds

I’d like the details to contact the credit team too please, my situation is similar

I’m in a similar situation too, could you please send the details over to me too, thanks

JeanH

Appears that they don't amend credit files, even when they admit they were wrong! My daughter has gone through the same. Vodafone make a mistake, takes ages to rectify, then you get a glitch on your record which they won't remove = no mortgage. Shame on Vodafone especially when you've paid regularly for years!!!

I was reading a thread from 2013 earlier and the person who made the thread has actually managed to get them to remove and correct his credit file???

We've spent all afternoon to no avail. So wrong when it messes with a person's future. Gutted!

After a bit of research and no luck with Vodafone I’m going to try contact Experian, Equifax and various other companies to help me with a “credit report dispute” to see if they can help resolve it

Unfortunately that all takes too long and they will lose the house. Good luck to you though.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Reeseleeds I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your credit file. I understand this must be frustrating and I'll be happy to take a closer look into everything for you. So I can help you further, please follow the steps I've sent you in a private message, with details on how to get in touch.

@JeanH It's disappointing to hear your daughter is also having problems with her credit file. I know this must be worrying for you all. If your daughter is the account holder, can you please ask her to contact us on here herself? A member of my team will then be able to invite her in and we'll be able to help her further 😊