Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Credit not being applied

peanuckle
4: Newbie

I changed my bundle at the beginning of July 2017 (the 5th I believe?) to increase the amount of data I was getting. At that time I had been charged for 2 £10 data top ups which I was told would be refunded, I spoke to 191 on July 7th and they said a £20 credit would be added to my next bill. This didn't happen so I contacted them again on August 7th, again I was assured the credit had been applied. I was told that, although it wouldn't show in online billing, my direct debit would be for £20 less than shown. tThe direct debit was paid on 15th August for the full amount of the bill again.

Can someone please sort this out so I get the £20 credit promised please? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @peanuckle

The first place to check for the credit will be your online account, the My Vodafone Application should also give the required information.  When a credit has been raised, Vodafone also send a text confirmation. When you bill has already been produced for the monthly period, the credit should appear on the following months bill and you may find this on the September bill and will be shown at the end of the bill and subtracted from the final amount due.

When you mention the entire amount of the bill was taken for this month, when you change your contract in any way, due to pro rata charging, to bring you in line with your tariff change, your bill will always be more than expected. 

The best thing to do is to have a live chat, this will enable you to download a copy of the chat for your records, they will be able to access your account and confirm the credit.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS

Hi @peanuckle

The first place to check for the credit will be your online account, the My Vodafone Application should also give the required information.  When a credit has been raised, Vodafone also send a text confirmation. When you bill has already been produced for the monthly period, the credit should appear on the following months bill and you may find this on the September bill and will be shown at the end of the bill and subtracted from the final amount due.

When you mention the entire amount of the bill was taken for this month, when you change your contract in any way, due to pro rata charging, to bring you in line with your tariff change, your bill will always be more than expected. 

The best thing to do is to have a live chat, this will enable you to download a copy of the chat for your records, they will be able to access your account and confirm the credit.

I had a text confirming the credit but the amount wasn't applied to the following bill, when I checked with 121 the credit amount was confirmed and I was told it wouldn't show on the online account but the direct debit amount would be for £20 less.

I am well aware that a change of contract will affect a bill however the July bill was the one adjusted for the change of contract. This is what made me aware of the over charge for a data pack I actually had applied to my account for 2 days but I was charged two months for ( 2 x £10)

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @peanuckle.

Were our Live Chat team able to get this resolved for you?

Live chat have said that 121 applied the credit incorrectly (twice, since both phone calls assured me they had sorted it) so they've corrected that and I should get a bill with the £20 credit taken off next month. We shall see as I've been told that before. :smileyfrustrated:

It's still not visible online but I'll check again tomorrow and give it 24 hours to show on the online system. I will update once the next bill is issued.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@peanuckle - I’m sorry to hear you’ve had to contact us again about the credit.

It sounds like this has now been resolved for you. 

If you find it’s still not been applied when your next bill is issued, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

This month's bill has now arrived and Live chat have sorted the problem. Thank you for the assitance, can I suggest how 121 apply credits be looked into as it shouldn't take this long to sort something that should have been done with that first phone call?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@peanuckle Thanks for keeping us updated and that's great to see it's now been resolved 😊

I'll be sure to pass your comments on to the relevant departments for this to be looked into, as this shouldn't have taken as long as it did.