Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Customer Services - I've hit a brick wall

Chrissw8
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Earlier this month, I attempted to uograde mobile/broadband/landline packages for both myself and my mother.  It's my account, and I added my Mum a few years ago.  All the services has run past their minimum contract term.

I dealt with Customer Services through an online chat which started on 18 March at 1524.  I was transferred to seven different people, and over three hours later I still hadn't managed tgo upgrade everything,.  In the end, I refused to provide an answer to 'what are the third and fourth numbers of your PIN' as I had already given the first and second number to another Vodafone Rep, and so the call ended at 1845. 

I made a formal complaint, and was temporarily reassured by the 'we'll contact you in 48 hours' promise.  4 days later, I got a call back, by which time I was already looking into alternative providers.  However, hoping to live a simple life, I agreed to let this Rep look into the matter on condition that he replied with news that the upgrades were in place.  He managed to do that a couple of hours later.  So, what's the problem now?

My mobile is no longer listed as 'Primary' on the account.  That's bben switched to my Mum's mobile.  I can't register for Vodafone One Number as the website says I have too many devices linked already.  The helpful suggestion is to remove a device.  Easy you might think, but no.  Apparently I don't have any linked devices, so it appears the maximum permitted is none at all.

I always try to be optimistic, so last night I started another online chat.  After only 25 minutes I was told I would receive a call tomorrow (i.e. today) after 1400.  Guess what?  Nothing yet.

Can anyone help, or am I traspped in whats becoming a nightmare of incompetence! 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Upgrading should obviously be easy and seamless as to stop a customer not within their contractual period from getting frustrated and leave @Chrissw8  !

Sometimes things do go wrong which I'm sure many accept. 

It's then down to how this is put right which instils confidence back into the product and services.  

As there isn't account access assistance via the Vodafone Forum anymore I'd suggest to speak with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries as they have account access.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the advice.  I'll take a look and let the forum know how it turns out.

No response from the Twitter team, so I've re-opened my formal complaint.  These are testing times for everyone Customer Services are overwhelmed, so I don't expect an instant solution.  However, an automatic response outlining realistic (in current circumstances) timescales might be helpful? 

hrym

In the present circumstances, customer service channels everywhere are stretched.   I'd give them a bit longer.   If you've opened a formal complaint, they may not be able to intervene and help you.

Just bouncing this message as there's been no progress.  Well, actually there has.  According to 'My Vodafone', I no longer have a broadband service (it's not listed anywhere), and my Mum has ceased to exist, as none of her services are listed either.  Vodafone's claim to be keeping the UK connected is starting to sound a bit hollow.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Chrissw8 Have you contacted us through Facebook or Twitter as advised by @BandOfBrothers? If not pop us a message and include a link to this thread and I'm sure one of our dedicated team will get everything back on track for you.