Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Customer complaint escalation

lcpirkhoffer
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I started a contract through Vodafone on the 14th of November, the sim was given to me and the phone sent. I put the sim in and the phone which then said ‘no sim’ I rang up Vodafone and was told I needed a new sim. I went into a Vodafone store and the store manager gave me a new sim and told me he would port my number over as well for me. Well 24 hours goes past and the sim still isn’t working. I get back on the phone and am told the number was ported to the first faulty sim. When I questioned why there was no service on this sim as well the question went unanswered. After being told I needed to wait a few more days and 5 calls later I was advised to go back into store to get a new blank sim and they’d be able to sort it out. The store gave me a new sim but told me I now had 3 active sims on one account which now it seems no one can cancel off. I’ve phoned far too many times to remember , spent hours on the phone . I have been promised call backs with information and never once got one. I’ve been hung up on, and to top it off £50 was taken as a direct debit on the 27th which surprise surprise I cant get back till the problem is resolved. I have not spoken to the same person twice and I have not been told when this problem will be fixed or even a definitive answer of what went wrong. I believe this a breach of the consumer rights act 2015 but no one seems to be taking this seriously at all. I’ve missed job interviews because of this, I’ve left an elderly couple I look after worried and god knows what else I’ve missed. If this goes another day without a definitive answer I will be taking this as far as I can which will mean getting trading standards involved. 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Thats not a good start at all and Vodafone need to take hold if this and resolve it @lcpirkhoffer

Sometimes things do go wrong which I'm sure many accept. 

It's then down to how this is put right which instils confidence back into the product and services. 

I firmly believe that the Vodafone Social Media Team here can achieve this.

Please let them catch up with your thread

Take into consideration that you have 30 days as a cooling off period if necessary.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

You’re absolutely right, it’s hows it’s resolved which after 16 days just doesn’t sit right with me. Unfortunately as it was done through Carphone warehouse the cooling off period has been and gone as it’s 14 days.

Ah I understand. 

I wasn't aware you had gone though an independent such as CPW to open up the contract. 

As you are their customer (CPW) with Vodafone providing the network connection and allowances via direct debit they (CPW) should be helping you too as well as Vodafone. 

Current Phone  >

Unfortunately as CPW cannot issue the replacement sims through there own stores the problem is now wholely Vodafone’s and they have told me there’s nothing more they can do.

I agree CPW do not have access to the Vodafone Network to be able to help with Sim Swapping but they still have a duty of care to support you as their customer. 

Unfortunately as I've seen before actioning sim swaps and them subsequently failing does cause a sticking point in Vodafones system's and as such they need to timeout or be deleted. 

Please let the Vodafone Social Media Teams here who have account access catch up with your thread and after taking you out of the Community Forum to pass Security Checks I'm sure they'll help you further. 

I appreciate this is frustrating not being able to use the services and I'm sure they'll get you up and running asap. 

It's just a case of waiting for them as it's a weekend :Sad_face:

In regards to lost time in not being able to use your account, services and allowances if this was my situation I'd be asking for a Goodwill Gesture. 

I wish you all the best with this unfortunate situation. 

Current Phone  >

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @lcpirkhoffer I understand your frustration for sure. It's disappointing to see this couldn't have been sorted correctly first time to avoid the unnecessary inconvenience. Please send us your details by following the private message I've sent you.