Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Customer service compromised my account

Richard_72
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Everyone, BE CAREFULL! 

I used the the online chat as there has been another error on my account, (I changed tariffs and they restarted a 24 month contract)

so so I gave my 2 digits from my pin, no problem, and was told it would be sorted in 2 days.

5 days later it wasn't and I couldn't get on the website. 

I went to online chat again, they asked for the pin again, but it was wrong. So they asked for my memorable word, which was wrong. The hint they gave me was for something VERY easy to guess, not my memorable word.

customer service, I found out, have changed my pin and my memorable word, WITHOUT my permission or knowledge. Anyone could guess the word given the hint. 

This is is not just wrong, it's dangerous for my account. How can this be allowed? I have been told I am going to be sent an email to start an investigation, but how can I stay with a company that disregards my security? 

Please be carefull! 

Has as this happened to anybody else?

i will be cancelling all 3 of my accounts as soon as I can in the morning. 

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I agree that account security and the protocols used have to be strong @Richard_72

If your contracts have run their full terms then you'll need to give 30 days notice to Vodafone to end them or instead ask for a PAC code and give that to a new network within 30 days of issue if your wanting to retain your mobile number. If your not out of contract then they could charge you the Early Termination Fee which is the remaining amount of months left to run. "The Early Termination Fee is the total amount of line rental outstanding for the remainder of the contract, without VAT, and less a 2% rebate.This figure will be calculated on the price prior to any discounts.You can confirm the exact figure by calling 191."

Link > Vodafone and how to cancel-account.

I know you haven't mentioned this but please don't cancel your Direct Debits because if A bill payment then is late or for any reason not made you could end up with a default lasting 6 years on your Credit File affecting future applications. 

I would suggest that you await the email and ensuing investigation from Vodafone Customer Services to resolve this. 

We have a Social Media Team here who read all posts so I'm sure they'll log this one. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

The customer service in what ever country they are in have falsely extended my contract by 18 months. 

Everytime I contact them for what ever reason, they change something. From cancelling my Spotify 3 times to adding extra lines I didn't ask for. It took 5 requests for them to stop sending texts to secondary accounts. This compromise of security is the last straw. My phone upgrades have not gone smoothly the past 4 times. 

Ill be calling 191 for my PAC codes as soon as I have time to wait on hold. 

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Hi I've just noticed BANDOFBROTHERS as just stated that he your contract has run it's coarse if I want to leave vodafone I have to give Vodafone 30 days notice and request a PAC code

Surely this is only applicable if I want to leave mid contract and wish to pay the termination fee but to have to do it after the contract ends 

I'm glad I read this as I have read literally thousands of posts and this is the first time I have ever heard it mentioned like this.

Could some one make this clear please for me and future readers 

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Once you have completed your Contract or on a 30 day SIM only plan, you can leave Vodafone if you wish to do so without any penalty.

Three ways to end you contract

1. Give 30 days Notice and your line will be terminated on the 30th day.

2. Give 30 days Notice and ask your number to be moved to PAYG. You monthly contract will be terminated on the 30th Day and your phone no will move to PAYG. You might need a SIM replacement.

3. Request your PAC. Give this to your new provider and the day the Number is transferred, your Vodafone line will be terminated. No need for 30 day Notice, however if you don't use the PAC within 30 days of requesting it, your phone line will continue.

You can do any of this 3 while you are in contract, however you will be charged Early termination Fee for the remaining period of your contract.

BandOfBrothers

@SKYMAN513

A Contract does not cease once it's run full term but instead automatically drops onto a 30 day rolling term. This is why a person needs to give notice if they decide to leave and not retain their number. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Sorry about that one I did try to search for an answer.

It is knowledge to me any how.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Richard_72 - It's not good to hear all of the issues you're having.

Thanks for sending your details.

Please see the last email you received on 2 August.

hrym

It sounds as though something has gone badly wrong here and it certainly needs to be investigated.   If fraud by a third party is involved, it needs to be investigated.   If it's an inside job, or simply a system error (not sure how, but odd things can happen), that also needs to be followed up.   Hang on for the forum team as they'll be able to contact you and take this further.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had @Richard_72.

We'd like to investigate this further for you.

So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team directly. We'll then be in touch as soon as possible.