Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cyber Monday deal not delivered

2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I got a cyber Monday deal in Nov last year for a Samsung s9 for £35pm. In Dec I received an email saying my first bill would be £102 and then subsequently £62pm. Went onto the live chat to query this and was told not to worry, the bill will correct itself. Just after Xmas the £102 was taken from my account. Back onto the live chat and was told the only way to resolve the issue would be to visit a store which is not convenient. Decided to raise a complaint online, after which I was contacted not by a complaints team but a retainions team to resolve. I was told that the discount in my contract was unusual and that they can offer me a new contract for £48 (not sure why I'd ever accept this). After a week or so the next offer was to apply a credit to my account so that the total cost over the term would be the same as if I was paying £35pm. Personally when I go for a contract I judge affordability on monthly cost not total cost over the term so unsurprisingly I declined. No other aspect of my complaint (the £102 taken and the poor service) were addressed. I was told my complaint would be escalated in 7 days however 2 week's later I'm still waiting to hear from anyone. Being that I cannot afford to pay an incorrect bill of £62pm I cancelled my direct debit while this is being resolved. I was assured on recorded calls that no payments will be collected and no negative credit reporting will take place until the complaint is resolved. In the past week I have began to receive collections contact from Vodafone asking for payment. As of today I have been assured on the live chat 4 times that this will stop. I have absolutely no confidence this is true, I have repeatedly been given assurances and promises that were false. Still waiting to hear about the complaints around 6 weeks after first contacting Vodafone. There does not seem to be any complaints process to speak of whatsoever. 

3 REPLIES 3

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

There is a complaints process, it's here.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints

Follow it. Take notes of who you talk to and when. Say the word complaint repeatedly until you get someone who helps.  If Vodafone fail to follow their own process at any stage, ensure you note it down as you need the evidence when it goes to adjudication.

Also, I would never advise cancelling your direct debit. One late payment on your credit report will affect you for years. I understand what you're saying, but it's really not worth the trouble.

Have you got the email confirmation of your order? That will help your case if you have some evidence of what you have signed up for.

That said, the social media team on here are about the only team I've managed to find in Vodafone that seem to actually make an effort. I'm sure one will be along in the morning and offer to help. 

Thanks, yep definitely been using the word complaint a lot. The retaintions team themselves were referring to it as a complaint. I have a record of every interaction with Vodafone and a record of assurances that no collections action will take place and that no negative credit reporting will result from this. If this is the case however given the many unfulfilled promises so far my position would be to take legal action against Vodafone to reverse any negative reporting and for damages.

I am fully prepared to go the distance with this to protect my rights as a consumer and not be frustrated into either paying more than I find to be affordable or walking away from a deal I am entitled to.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@000 I'm sorry to hear you've been left in this situation, this isn't what we want for any customer :Worried_Face:

Have you received any further communication from our Customer Relations team since raising your complaint to resolve? If not, please follow the instructions I've set out in a Private Message to you and we'll get in touch.