Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

DPD sent my phone to France

DRobins84
3: Seeker

Hi,

Can anyone help?  I've (my wife) called DPD this morning, as I saw their tracking showed a French delivery company.  They've sent my upgrade phone to France.  I've contacted Vodafone on chat (I'm deaf, so can't call), and they've escalated it as urgent to try and sort out.  DPD said that Vodafone should send a new handset out, and then claim insurance on the one they've "misplaced".  I've been reading other posts, and see that not many people have had success getting their phones back/a new one sent out.  I'm paying for this contract already, so I'm very annoyed.  

I've got to wait 24-48 hours for them to get back to me, but they've never got back to me about other issues before, so I don't hold out much hope.  I understand that a handset has been assigned to me, but they really should just sort the issue with DPD, and post a new one out!  

Has anyone had any luck here at all?

Thanks

Daniel

I've attached an image of its travels with DPD

IMG_5085.PNG

7 REPLIES 7

DRobins84

Ok, my wife called DPD again, and they said that Vodafone is liable for the handset until it is in my hands.  Vodafone has insurance to claim for lost handsets, and should be using this, and sending me a new one today.  DPD said that once a package leaves the country, they can't see where it is much, and rarely get brought back.

I don't get why this is so difficult.  Vodafone has also not contacted DPD yet, so I really hold out no hope of this being resolved correctly.

Can a Vodafone community worker get back to me, please? I'm paying for this terrible service!

Thanks

Daniel

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Oh heck that's not good @DRobins84

First as I'm aware Vodafone wouldn't send a phone to an outside of the UK address so I can only assume this is a mistake from DPD.

It's understandable that Vodafone won't want to be out of pocket regarding the lost phone and a process will have been triggered between them and the courier company. 

That said this should not result in you the customer being inconvenienced.

I'm sure the departments you've spoken to will update you and the end result in you being sent another phone out. 

If they don't soon then let.us know here and I'm sure a Vodafone Social Media Team member will help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, thanks for the reply.  I've posted above, after speaking to DPD again.  It's totally unacceptable, and I hope that someone sees sense and just contacts DPD to claim the money back.  Like you say, why should I be inconvenienced in the meantime?

Such a pain!

Thanks

Daniel

BandOfBrothers

I agree. 

As soon as the courier company holds up their hands then the process starts and you should be dealt with. 

Sending out a new phone I believe involves removing the one that was assigned to your account including its imei etc and then designating another and assigning its imei number so unfortunately it's not all straight forward in regards to systems etc. 

Hope your sorted put asap. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, yeah, it's probably a pretty complex process, but they've not even contacted DPD yet.  DPD said that it was their fault, but without Vodafone getting in touch, they can't tell them that it's very unlikely to be seen in the UK again.

Hopefully they get back to me by the end of tomorrow, otherwise, I'm not sure what else to do.

Thanks, Daniel

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DRobins84 - I’m sorry to hear the experience you’re having with getting your upgraded phone delivered. It should be an exciting time!

We can take a look at what’s happening and also contact DPD. Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

Hi, Gemma, thanks for the reply.

My wife managed to get it sorted last night after 3 hours on the phone, and 2 on chat.  DPD finally found the parcel, and it should be with me on Friday.  Grant from customer relations in Glasgow has been great, and he's told my wife to call him again if it doesn't show up.  It's really DPDs fault, and Vodafone did all they could in the end, so I appreciate it.  If anyone ever has this issue, just keep pushing to speak to managers at DPD, and Vodafone.

If it doesn't turn up, I've been promised a new handset sent to my nearest store, so it's been fixed.

Thanks again

Daniel