Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data cap

louleda
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I spoke to an advisor yesterday about turning my data cap on so I didn’t run over. They turned my entire data off and now I can’t use my phone at all unless hooked to WiFi - which I work long hours and I’m not on WiFi. So have to spend the entire day without my phone. 

Sort it out? 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Are you able to look in your myvodafone app or online myvodafone to check your cap there ?

Also just in case please also check in your phones settings connection settings for the Mobile Data setting to ensure it's On. 

And that there is no phone setting for data as some android phones etc can have internal levels set. 

If it's on and your settings look ok in your myvodafone then Are you not showing any data icon in your phones status bar at all like 3g etc and is this happening everywhere ?

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone and another sim card in yours. 

Lastly customer service on 191 or live chat can access your account which would be faster than awaiting for the Vodafone Social Media Teams here to catch up with your thread. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @louleda

There seems to be some confusion as to whether the cap has been applied or Vodafone have applied a bar to prevent you using any further data and I suspect this is where you have the problem.  The information for the cap to prevent you going over your monthly allowance can be found here Data Capping and is something you need to do for yourself through the My Vodafone Application.

If you log onto your online account, under bars, you will be able to see the restriction bars on your account, you will then be able to toggle on and off the restriction.

If you have any problems getting the correct restriction from Customer Services, please come back to the forum and the Team will be able to help.

hrym

If you can get into My Vodafone, it might also be worth having a look at your usage.   Is it possible that you'd already hit your limit this month and that it's setting the cap that's stopped further usage?