Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data cap

Roadiefromheck
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Trying to add a data cap but Web chat say I can't use it as I have spend manager. Is this right as I don't want to go over on data with the big charges but I also don't want to remove the ability to dial.101.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That's information is not correct. 

Spend Manager T&C's Clause 7.

7. Vodafone Spend Manager does not replace any of our existing caps or limits, such as our data cap or our 50 EURO roaming data cap, and will work alongside each of these.

Whilst you can set a data cap via the app or online account you could also speak again to the adviser and point this clause out to them if they insist it cannot be done.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Roadiefromheck 

It is not possible to have the data cap and spend manager, unless you are concerned about out of bundle charges for picture messaging or premium rate calls, having the ability to stop going over the monthly data limit may be more beneficial.

However, the My Vodafone Application and online account will give you up to date usage of your data and any out of bundle extra charges and it is well worth checking this on a daily basis, the online account also gives the option of adding a bar when your data gets close to the limit and this is found under bars.

Vodafone should also send a warning text when you are close to the data limit but with these texts being automated they are not to be relied upon.  There is also the data application on the phone, being able to set the data limit on the application gives some control and you will receive a warning on your phone when you are close to the monthly phone set limit but with data usage measure on the network it is best to set the cut off on the phone a little lower than your monthly allowance.

Try and use WiFi where it is possible and turn off your mobile data when not needed this will conserve your data.

There is further information for you here: Vodafone Spend Manager

That's information is not correct. 

Spend Manager T&C's Clause 7.

7. Vodafone Spend Manager does not replace any of our existing caps or limits, such as our data cap or our 50 EURO roaming data cap, and will work alongside each of these.

Whilst you can set a data cap via the app or online account you could also speak again to the adviser and point this clause out to them if they insist it cannot be done.

AnnS

Thank you @Kamelo. I stand corrected and admit that I did not check the terms and conditions. I presumed customer services had given the correct information to the customer.  

hrym

The forum team will pick up this thread in due course and will be able to advise and also contact you privately to access your account if necessary.

In the meantime, or if the spend limit and data cap are not compatible, have a look at your phone's data settings as it should be possible to cap usage there, or at least set a warning when you're near your allowance.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Roadiefromheck You should be able to have both a data cap and Vodafone Spend Manager on your account. So I can take a closer look into this for you and see what I can do about getting this set up, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch 😊

Oh @AnnS, you should know better than to trust what CS agents say :Smiling:  

Just kidding.

Unfortunately I'm the sad individual who does read terms and conditions line by line, very carefully.

Some years ago, upon acquiring my first shiny new smart phone and not really knowing how to use it, got hit with a massive bill, I'm talking thousands here. Once the initial shock had passed I was determined to find a way out of this anyway I could. Basically to pass the blame on to someone else, anyone, I didn't care as long as it was not me. After careful questioning, shouting, complaining, begging, etc.  They sympathised with my postion but continually referred to terms and conditions. Eventually I had to admit to myself it was my fault.

Since then I have been very careful in ensuring it cannot happen and was the reason I left Vodafone as after careful reading of terms and conditions, a little late but so be it, I realised there was no way this could be achieved whereas other networks offered ways to do so. 

So with all that in mind you can understand why I read terms and conditions.

Because of this I have come back to Vodafone as the data cap Vodafone now offer combined with a spend manager is an excellent solution in preventing a bill shock whilst allowing for a little extra spending for things like voting on tv, paying for parking etc.