Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data not working

therattlebox
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Phone connects to network (or at least shows as on 4G) and can make calls and receive texts. When connected to wifi can use data. However does not get data when on mobile network.

• Not a hardware issue. A working sim works in the phone and vice versa i.e. sim doesn't work in a phone that does receive data with its working sim. Also same issue in an old iphone 5S and a brand new 6.
  • Long estalblished pay monthly account
  • Have been into store and they checked account, so no bars.
  • Store did sim swap.
  • On line support have done network disconnect and reconnect.

Whilst the store and on-line support said that this is very unusual, a not very intensive google search would suggest it isn't that uncommon for numbers to lose data.

Any suggestions from anybody?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for getting back to me.

By bizarre coincidence data started working on Monday. I presume the disconnect/reconnect took a few days to take effect.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Phones can lose a data connection for all kinds of reasons and, yes, you do seem to have ruled out hardware issues and the obvious things related to the account.   Hang on for the forum team to pick up this thread.   They'll be able to take your details privately and then investigate more deeply (ie not while you're hanging on the other end of a connection).   I'm sure they'll be able to get this resolved.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

So we can investigate this further @therattlebox, I've sent you a private message with details to get in touch with our team.

We'll then be in touch as soon as possible to help.

Thanks for getting back to me.

By bizarre coincidence data started working on Monday. I presume the disconnect/reconnect took a few days to take effect.