Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data roaming not working

Rohan-12
1: Seeker

Hi,

i am now in Italy and received a text saying there are no data roaming charges and I receive an extra 2GB of roaming data for free. I have run of of my data in the U.K.  But when I tried to use it, the data doesn't work at all. I made sure data roaming was on and reset a few settings with no hope. Help, please?

22 REPLIES 22

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mnelson As we'll need access to your account to investigate this fully, send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

Would appreciate your resending the private message with the link you mentioned as this was not working.

Thanks,

Michael

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mnelson - One thing to check before you send us your details, is that your data roaming's activated on your phone. 🌍

To do this, please select the following:

1. Settings
  2. Connections
  3. Mobile network
  4. Data roaming
  5. Select ‘on’

If it's already switched on, then we can take a look at your account.

I’ve resent the private message. When you view it, please select the hyperlink located under the word ‘here’ and follow the steps from there. ☺️

Travel regularly to Europe and data roaming simply won't work. Seems fine in the UK but fails to work in any European country. Why? 

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

On my recent phones, you have to switch on both mobile data and data roaming. On my earlier phones, there was no additional data roaming control, so there was a danger of using roaming data unintentionally. Is there some extra control hiding somewhere on your phone? If you mention your phone model, other owners might have some thoughts to offer.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

If your phone doesn't work anywhere outside the UK @LinziA, it sounds like your account or phone are not correctly set up for roaming. Our Customer Services team will be happy to ensure your account is set up correctly, you can contact us by calling 191 from your phone or online through our Live Chat service. You can get more help ensuring the setting on your phone are correct through the travelling abroad section of our website.

You are not alone I have visited 4 EU countries and outbound does not work I have spoken to agents over 20 times who have checked.and done checked my settings.

I am in Lithuania now I cant ring UK.  On my return I will cancel.vodafone and switch to an alternate network. NO Choice.  I suggest you do the same.they CANNOT FIX IT MO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES THEY SAY THEY CAN.

I've been to various countries all around Europe and never had a problem making a call or using my data, it's a shame that you've had so many problems and no ones been able to get it fixed. What phone are you using? I'm on the Samsung s10+.

I have

Samsung s9

They reset my phone again today and then to add insult to injury I now also am refused access to Vodafone app so I have default settings on everything - I had to ring them to establish settings  again from scratch - the Vodafone app now is saying I dont have that service activated on my account.

When I return to England I will be moving to another provider.

Glad to hear you are having no problems at all - soon I won't either

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
You realise that you have just posted on a thread that is over a year old.

Have you checked your phone as well as account settings to allow Roaming? Also have a look at International Call Setting as well.
I would suggest check this on a computer browser and not the phone.