Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data speeds on Sim only contract

dazzabird
4: Newbie

good day all

I  Have a question that I’ve been getting several different answers…

I know that with the Unlimited data plans I have the option of various data speeds

but with plans with a allocated amount of data…what speed should I be gett8ng

Been offered in my account a 100gb on sim only for £10 a month with unlimited calls and texts…Now this is advertised as a 5G plan…

so wondering if it has any speed limits applied to it 

thanks 

15 REPLIES 15

Thanks for your responses.

another quick question…

I’ll assume a esim and physical sim will have the same speeds ?

ive bought the plan and gone for a esim and will use in my oneplus Nord 2 which should arrive today.

thanks again 

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @dazzabird 

As far as I can see the phone you would like to use with an eSIM is not compatible with Vodafone.  See here: Discover eSIM 

If you were able to use an eSIM it wouldn't make any difference to the data speed.

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member

I don't think the OnePlus Nord 2 has an eSIM?

(From the searches I made it supports dual Nano SIM only.)

7FC7ED10-1FBB-44B6-A756-C09541422146.pngThis is what I have been offered….

interested in thought on data speed I’ll get 

WelshPaul

You will not have any speed caps in place with that plan. Only the Unlimited Lite and Unlimited plans are speed capped according to the Plan Details. It's worth mentioning that you will have a 14 day cooling off period. So, if you're unhappy with anything you can cancel or revert back to your old plan. 👍

As for what speeds you're likely to get, it will vary area to area based on various things such as terrain and network congestion etc. If it helps at all, when I was on Pay Go, I got speed tests in the 250MB+ range. I had good 5G signal and those results were from tests run on a Samsung S21 Ultra.

Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 14.08.14.png

rconway
4: Newbie

Sounds like a limited-time Vodafone direct deal. It says 5G as this plan is not speed capped.