Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Deal Promise

Lucas7249
1: Seeker

Hi guys.

I just need help about my new contract with Vodafone. On the 03/04/2019 I bought an iphone XS 64GB space grey with a plan 60Gb unlimited. At the store, (Camden, London) they told me I would pay around 62£ a month for 24months. 

They gave me two sim cards and asked me to come later to desactivate the second one to set the deal but I can see I’m currently charged 85£ a month (much higher). So I’ve been back to the store and it was different people. Two times they told me to go online to set the deal and online they tell me they can only see I’ve a plan of 74£ a month + a 2GB dongle at 11£ a month. 

So now I’m blocked I feel a bit angry and scammed. They told me online that I had to go back to the store with my contract so they can honore their promise,  because « it’s not like that Vodafone does business ». After the chat I checked my agreement and indeed it shows 74£ a month... I clearly remember at the store the girl showed me her screen with my monthly price of 62£... 

I really don’t know how to do now so I’m asking for help..

Early thanks for the help,

Lucas

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Lucas7249

From what you have written the store has sold you a phone and data contract.  Fortunately Vodafone give 30 days to cancel. Not sure of the reason you have been sold the dongle on top of the phone contract and if not wanted this will need to be cancelled.  The account still needs to be settled and this is the probably the reason your services are blocked. 

I would suggest contacting Vodafone through the customer service channels here: Contact Us and ask them to clarify exactly what has been agreed to. You can wait for the forum team to get to the thread but time is short when you are close to the cancellation deadline. 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

That doesn't sound right @Lucas7249 and I'm sorry for any inconvenience that's been caused 🤔 So I can take a closer look into this additional SIM that you've been given, I'll need to access your account.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch, so I can do this safely and securely. 

Hi guys, 

sorry for the late reply and thanks so much for your help. I’ve been back to Vodafone (again) and I was lucky to see one of the guy here when I bought the plan. That second sim has been desactivated (well I gave the 30days notice as advised...). I should pay the right price from my next bill. Finger crossed. 

Thanks again,

Lucas 

TJ

Awesome, thanks for the update @Lucas7249 👍 Please continue to keep me in the loop. If you do need one of our team to take a look into your bill when it's produced; contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK; or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK