Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Default on Credit Report

Forzaverdi
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Seems like a fairly regular subject. But here’s mine.

I moved from o2 to Vodafone in 2017. A couple of days after moving I went into the Vodafone shop to port my number over, I don’t remember why I think there was an issue.

seemed like the person in the shop didn’t have much experience and made a mistake.  Long story short I left the shop that day with a different new number. Not my own choice but hey ho, they made a mistake. Not the end of the world.

cut to 3 years later. Checking my credit score. I have a Vodafone account showing as in Default and owing £66. The other account had been allowed to keep going a couple of months. 

I believe it says I have 4 missed payments. I never missed any payment. None of this was communicated to me at the time.  

from the looks of this forum it seems a common and very disappointing issue with Vodafone. It’s also, as I’ve found out today, not easy to correct. It seems a fairly simple issue to correct if it’s happening so often. 

anyway. I’ve put it on here in the hope I can get some help or it can be escalated by the team to try to get it sorted quickly. 

Thanks

also. first post. Sorry it had to be negative.  Haven’t had any problems with Vodafone other than this. But it’s kind of a doozy

10 REPLIES 10

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Forzaverdi 

Follow this link to speak directly to the Social Team Contact , they will have the necessary account access and contact information for the Credit File team.

Is there a number I can phone for the credit file team? I’ve gone round in circles trying to fix this. I was told I’d be getting a call from someone and it hasn’t materialised so I’d rather just do the work and sort this myself.

GemmaP
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Forzaverdi 

You can call 191 from your mobile to speak to a member of staff.

However, we'd be more than equipped to deal with this for you over on Social if you drop us a message with reference to this thread 😊

I have done on Twitter and facebook. Heard nothing back

Stubbo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Forzaverdi 

I've just asked one of our super helpful Social Media Team agent's to pick up the message you've sent us over social media. They'll be in touch shortly 😊

Can you ask them to look again? I replied yesterday. I’ve been able to phone up and remove the existing balance. Which is the first positive step this week. The credit team are impossible to get through to. This really shouldn’t take this long.

How would I go about getting someone to look into what happened in depth rather than just looking at it the direct debit was paid?  Such as the inactivity of the account that I was being charged for etc.  It seems that I was expected to pay the direct debit and worry about getting the money back later, regardless if I could afford it along side my actual bill.

This is besides the point that I never actually received any letters telling me to pay the money so I didn’t know it was “over due”. At least as far as Vodafone were concerned at the time.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Forzaverdi apologies for the delay in getting back to you. We have a dedicated credit team that can look into things a little closer as to where the defaults etc have come form. If they haven't got back to you as of yet, be rest assured we'll be getting back to you ASAP. 

As far as I can see the credit team have taken little interest in looking at this more closely.  No one has