cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Default on credit file!!!! Please help!!!

Carolineking15
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have now been informed I have a default on my credit file from a file payment due to Vodafone. I have subsequently paid this but, the default will remain on my credit file for 6 years. This is the only debt I've ever had and this will prevent me from getting a mortgage with my partner (which we are in the proves of saving for). I did not know I was owed this as no correspondence since I ended the contract in February until it had gone to debt collectors. This is causing mush distress to myself and my partner. Have tried to call Vodafone who said this will remain on my file, even though I've pleaded. Any help would be appreciated 

12 REPLIES 12

hrym
17: Community Champion

Talk to the Social Media team on Facebook or Twitter.   They'll be able to take your details privately and get this escalated to Credit File Support.  There's no account access via the forum and frontline customer services won't be able to see the account at this stage.

I've tried and getting nowhere. Utterly appalling customer service 

hrym

Once your account has been defaulted, it won't be visible on the frontline system.   There is a dedicated Credit File Dupport team, as I said, and they're the only people who will ahve access at this stage.   They're not unsympathetic andwill examine each case on its merits.   You need to get this escalated to them and going via Social Media is the best and most reliable method.   I believe they're very busy at the moment, so it may take longer than usual to get a response.  Please hang on, though.   If you haven't already contacted them, do so as soon as possible.

I have called and spent one hour and 25 minutes, trying to her some resolution to this and sadly, nothing. I have no resolution. I have messaged several times and, nothing. Me and my partner are looking to get a mortgage and this will prevent this. It is the only default on my credit file. I have been a customer of Vodafone for 2 years. Always paid bills on time and been a good customer. This is outrageous 

Hey @Carolineking15, We're legally obliged to show a true record of how your account was managed. If there was an outstanding balance that was passed to a Debt Collection Agency, we have to record this accordingly on your file. I can understand you'll be eager to get this investigated and if required, updated. Pop us a private message through one of our Social Channels, with your full name, mobile number and a link to this thread and one of our Credit file experts will be happy to take a look for you 👀

I was a customer of Vodafone for 4 years and never missed one single payment, so how this is a true reflection I will never know?! You sent letters to an old address (I did not update you on my new address as I terminated a contract with you) but, you haven't once emailed (even though you have my email address and regularly sent promotions) and failed to call in reference to this. I only knew when the debt collection agency emailed me (when you passed on my email address to them) last month. This is completely unjust and unfair. I've had sleepless nights and anxiety from this so, thanks. 

And I have messaged via social media channels to be told it was my fault for not updating you on my change of address. Unsure why I should when I terminated the contract. I have had some joy from the complaints team after I broke down in a panic attack on the phone today. 4 years and never missed a payment and this is how you treat customers. Absolutely disgusting 

hrym

You should have been able to speak to the Credit File Support team.   If you didn't, get in touch again and ask specifically for the matter to be escalated to them.   If they were involved, I'm afraid their decision would be final.  I would be very suprised if the matter wasn't escalated, though, as only that team would have access to the account history and know about the change of address.

I have spoken to the complaints team who have spoken to the credit file team and stated they may be able to resolve this issue. I'm awaiting a call back in 5 working days as awaiting my payment for the final outstanding to be babaknved and then they will be bale to resolve this issue. So, obviously, not a final decision as there many issues surrounding their missconduct.