Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Default on credit report

Jamesmcgarry
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Please help!

I am moving house but the mortgage application has been denied due to a defaulted Vodafone account. I originally took out a phone contract in July 2019 through carphone warehouse (CPW) With the network provider, Vodafone, however when the phone arrived at my house the shop assistant had ordered a 64G and not a 128G so I went into store where she arranged to send it back. She also cancelled the contract as a 128G phone was available on a better deal with EE. The contract was only open for 5 days 27th July - 31st July 2019. Since then there has been nothing but trouble. I was billed by Vodafone the following month which I paid as I assumed it was because I had the contract for 5 days. However after the next bill I was constantly back and forth with Vodafone and cpw to sort out the cancellation. Nothing ever got sorted till January 2020 when Vodafone referred the debt to debt collectors. Finally cpw agreed it was there error and said the contract had been cleared and ETF waived off (I have evidence of this even though Vodafone say they can’t see it on their system even though cpw have it on theirs and they’re the same system?!). All sorted.... until I apply for a mortgage in June and see Vodafone have still been billing me for the past 6 months without me having any correspondence from them?! They had passed the debt on to debt collectors 9th June which is the first I’d heard of it. I am mid mortgage application with houses planned to exchange in 3 weeks 😱 I have been back and forth between Vodafone, carphone, Debt collectors and Experian. All telling me to do different things and blaming each other Yet none of them actually helping the situation. I will lose my house if this debt isn’t cleared from my credit report ASAP.

Someone please help me!!!!!!

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Jamesmcgarry 

Someone at Carphone did not do their job as it should have done and have failed to cancel the airtime part of the contract with Vodafone.  I would start by making a complaint with Carphone and let them know about the mess and trouble they have created and tell them to make the correction.

However, talk directly to the Social Media Team here they will be able to put you in contact with the dedicated Credit File Support Team who will help there they can.

Hi,  thank you! I will continue further with Vodafone. I have been speaking to carphone warehouse as well. They hold their hands up and say the fault was there’s and because of this the contract had been ended and ETF waived off. This was 20th January 2020. It should be showing on the same system that Vodafone use however Vodafone show no knowledge of this. Vodafone want proof of receipt of the phone from CPW which they won’t provide. I just need the default wiped off of my credit score as this is going to leave me homeless in a matter of weeks!!!! No one I speak to seems to understand the severity of this. 

Hey @Jamesmcgarry 

You can speak to our Credit File Team on Social Media who will be able to take a look at this. You can find how to contact them here 🙂