cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Default on my credit file for £54 which I have proof I paid - remove please!

Condick
2: Seeker

HI,

Very unhappy! I was a customer of Vodafone between aged 13 - 24 and moved to EE last year as I was unhappy with the service.

I moved around June/July time and paid up the rest of my contract. I was told this was everything I owe (final payment of £63.88 on the 03/08/16)

I then receive a call to tell me I owe a cancellation fee because there was a few months left on my contract. Fair enough. I am told I owe £54.33 - which I pay ON THE 20/09/16 for £54.33.

I check my credit record and you have marked my account as delinquent to the tune of £54 even though I told you I paid it. No contact from you, no phone calls, no letters. You just decide the best thing to do is to tank my credit rating from nearly excellent to very poor.

Where is the customer service here? This is what I want done.

I want the mark on my credit file removed with a confirmation in writing detailign every credit score company this has been marked with and that they have all been notified of the correction

I want a full written apology and explanation of how this has happened.

I want compensation for the distress and inconvenience caused by your irresponsble behaviour. 

I have NEVER missed a payment with you, over 4/5 years of phone contracts. I had a nightmare transferring the PAC code away to EE and this is your final example of the deplorable customer service you have.

I can't even phone you because I can't get through your switchboard without an active number tied to Vodafone.

Joke.

I am giving you the chance to resolve this before I take it to the ombudsman and make it a reportable complaint, as well as your social networking sites. As you can tell I am really unhappy - please take responsibility and resolve this.

Thanks.

Alex

PM me for contact details.

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Condick

Totally appreciate how unimpressed you feel over this. 

The Vodafone Community forum is monitored by Vodafone U.K. There are members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name so a person knows they are officially Vodafone.

All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

A help thread i put together to offer help and advice. 

Link -> Off-topic/Default-on-your-Credit-File-and-How-to-add-a-Notice-of-Correction.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi Lee,

I appreciate the response, however, I'm not looking to post a notice of correction I want it to be removed entirely as I am not at fault here.

I have logged the dispute with Experian and they should be in touch with you but they said it can take 28 days. I want to see what Vodafone will do now considering the circumstances.

I'll wait for a member of staff to come along...

Thanks,

Alex

BandOfBrothers

You're Welcome. 

The information is to give a general overview.

Adding a Notice of Correction puts your reason on your Credit File as to why a Default is showing. Totally appreciate you want it removing. 

Yes please do await for a Vodafone Team member here to catch up with your thread. 

All the best. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@Condick I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Condick
Still not heard anything back from you after completing the form and logging a complaint with the web chat guys. Nice to know how seriously you really take this....

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Condick

If you could let us know your email reference number, sent in an auto reply. We'll chase this up for you.

Condick
I've checked through my emails and didn't receive one which is strange. I have submitted again and have this reference number: #15491165

Please can someone just call me now, it's been a month and I've complained here, and on the web chat system over the last month and heard nothing back. The complaint reference is: 1-70AWA6RV

I have proof I made the payment it shouldn't even be difficult to resolve can someone just call me now......

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Condick - I can see we’ve received your email and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.