Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Default stopping mortgage application - please help

Scousebird77
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am after advice for my husband. We got married October last year and now want to buy a house together. My credit is good but his shows as ‘very poor’ due to a £134 settled default from Dec 2014. I will be open and say there were reasons why which are a bit personal to be posting on a forum so can anyone direct me to an email address that I can explain better, or he can? It is stopping us getting a joint mortgage so we need to try and find out if we have any options once given the opportunity to explain. Please someone help xxx

10 REPLIES 10

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

There's a special place in hell for credit reference agencies, next to that other reserved space I hope.

It's crazy how something sometimes minor can affect decisions. Vodafone did a hard credit search on me for adding an apple watch plan, despite saying they hadn't. Hard searches affect your credit score, all for a £5 add-on with 30 day term, not a new plan for 12 months! You can't even discuss anything nowadays, it's all computer says no, and they refuse to give you any details.