Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Default to credit rating - URGENT

Josephine111
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Please can someone help, I am being refused a mortgage due to a bad credit rating from a bill I didnt owe to Vodafone.

I closed down my account at the end of 2015 and in Jan 16 I got a bill for £22.38. I didnt owe it as I had closed my account and had been on direct debit so ignored it thinking it was spam or just an error on Vodafone's part.In May 16 I eventually replied back to the 'donotreply' vodafone address saying that I didnt owe the money to them.

I then stopped getting emails from Vodafone saying I owed the money.5 months later I checked m y credit rating which says I am in default of that bill and it has affected my score badly. Then I woke up today and for some reason I have the same bill showing again as having been dafaulted!

I need Vodafone to contact experion and sort this out. it's unacceptable. If it means I have to pay £42 I dont owe just to sort this out I dont care but it's appalling that the emails stopped (essentially vodafone accepting their error) and then I am having to chase 5 months later for an answer and am being refused credit from a mortgage lender.

please can someone help and call me on 07789217666 or email me 

to sort this out? I am not being allowed to post my email address here, frustratingly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi.

I appreciate and understand how damaging a default and or marker can be ,and the difficulty in having one removed from a Credit File.Below in Bold is a help guide that explains which department to ask for - 'Vodafone Credit File Support Team' - and how to add a 'Notice of Correction' via Experian. It is Free to add the Notice of Correction. This gives you the tools to add notes on your Credit File to explain why the Default is showing.

It's a Do not Reply email address for a reason. They wouldn't have probably received your response. 

It would only be worth adding this if you think the default is wrong and shouldn't have been applied. Please take into consideration that a Default will only be removed if it was reported on your Credit File incorrectly. This is why it's important to speak with Customer service first to clear up why this has happened before the Credit File Support Team can help. 

The Vodafone Community Forum Team will engage with you here if they can help too. 

Default-on-your-Credit-File-and How-to-add-a-Notice-of-Correction.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

26 REPLIES 26

BandOfBrothers

Hi.

I appreciate and understand how damaging a default and or marker can be ,and the difficulty in having one removed from a Credit File.Below in Bold is a help guide that explains which department to ask for - 'Vodafone Credit File Support Team' - and how to add a 'Notice of Correction' via Experian. It is Free to add the Notice of Correction. This gives you the tools to add notes on your Credit File to explain why the Default is showing.

It's a Do not Reply email address for a reason. They wouldn't have probably received your response. 

It would only be worth adding this if you think the default is wrong and shouldn't have been applied. Please take into consideration that a Default will only be removed if it was reported on your Credit File incorrectly. This is why it's important to speak with Customer service first to clear up why this has happened before the Credit File Support Team can help. 

The Vodafone Community Forum Team will engage with you here if they can help too. 

Default-on-your-Credit-File-and How-to-add-a-Notice-of-Correction.

Current Phone  >

Nabs

It's worth add to @BandOfBrothers's information; the Credit File Support team won't actually be able to help if you do legitimately owe Vodafone money (cancelled direct debit before final bill was taken maybe?)
You will need to contact regular customer service and find out what the money owed on the account is and they will be able to determine if the default was placed correctly or not.

If you don't want to deal with customer service then sit tight and one of the eForum team will be able to get in touch. They will be able to deal with the whole process and correct the credit file if required. It might take them a short time to reach out to you though so if you're not able to wait a couple of days then you'll need to go to CS.

BandOfBrothers

Very important information @Nabs

This is also why I say in my replies...

"Please take into consideration that a Default will only be removed if it was reported on your Credit File incorrectly. This is why it's important to speak with Customer service first to clear up why this has happened before the Credit File Support Team can help. "

Current Phone  >

Nabs

My bad, missed that bit! :smileyembarrassed:

BandOfBrothers

@Nabs Definitely not my intention about missing anything. :Smiling:

Just that I agree its very important to guide people to the right steps to use to get a speedy resolution as possible. 

My intention is and was to support what you said , that's all. :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Josephine111,

Were you able to contact our Customer Services team through the details provided by @forumfairy?

If you're still experiencing issues with this, please contact us through the details provided in the private message that will be sent to you shortly.

I have had a problem with a default coming up on my credit score. Which was due to a long outstanding issue with vodfone which involved in them emailing in correct bills then not correctly communicating the new bill and sending it straight to collections - then spending ages trying to get through to someone at vodafone to try and solve this - at least 5 online chats I don't know how many phone calls - but I had £15 worth of charges on my BT bill for all the calls.

Not have this default on my credit report - for not my fault - 

Also to add to it as I do not have an account with Vodfone I now I cannot speak to anyone in customer services so I cannot even solve it 

I am just not sure where to turn to now as this is effecting my life and my ability to sort out my mortgage

BandOfBrothers

@EmaLC

Vodafone Landline Tel :03333040191

When using the Vodafone Landline number key in your Vodafone mobile number after prompted OR if issues exist where the IVR System will not recognise the Vodafone mobile number then you can opt to ignore the initial prompts to type in the mobile number, and then on approx the 4th request it should then change to ask to input 1 for Payg or 2 for Contract Customers.

General enquiries: Monday to Sunday 8am – 9pm.

Current Phone  >

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @EmaLC

I'm sorry to hear this. We'd love to help. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Thanks,