Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Defaulted Account

msparkes7
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

In June 2018, I had a contract with Vodafone with a late payment, I had arranged a date (19th I believe) to make the payment with an employee at customer service, they said they would put a note on my account to make sure no one would cancel my contact, but for some reason the day before the arrangement, the contract was cancelled anyway, which meant I had a debt of £895 hanging over my head, which was completely ridiculous because I made arrangements to make sure I was able to pay for the contract, and then they shut the account down anyway. The debt is now settled and has been for over a year, but I still have a defaulted account preventing me getting a mortgage for my family. I was happy to pay the debt because I was the one who signed up for the contract and was aware of the risks, but I find it hard to justify the defaulted account, witch isn't going anywhere for 6 years! Especially when I made  payment arrangements to prevent that from happening! I'm not asking for much, but can someone please help me sort out this defaulted account. Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @msparkes7  as you have found the default with stay on your credit file for 6 years, this can only be changed if the default was added in error. You have admitted that you did owe the money so you will struggle to get the default lifted. You could try contacting the social media team using the contact us link at the bottom of this page but I doubt there is much they can do. 

Hi, thanks for getting back to me, there was a major error in which they cancelled the contract before the arranged date.  

63johnw

Then all you can do is contact them using the link below, this is mainly a customer to customer forum with no account access and see if they can help.