cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Defaulted Vodafone Account Affected Credit Score - NEED HELP!

Vcarp1993
3: Seeker

Hello. 

I finished my Pay monthly contract with Vodafone back in 2012 and believed I had finalised the account and paid everything off as I had received no notification via email or by post at the time. In 2016 however, when I went to apply for a house to rent I did a credit score report using Experian and noticed a Defaulted Vodafone account for the balance of £36. Confused I obviously contacted Vodafone and had a very difficult time getting my point across as when I gave them the old mobile number I had used during my Vodafone contract back in 2012 and provided the security details they did not match. It appears that Vodafone had reassigned that number to someone else. I wasn't able to get any help over the phone so I went into a Vodafone shop in my area. After an hour of discussing this with a Customer Service individual in the shop who had to contact the help desk so they could do a search using the old Vodafone system they were able to trace my old account where I gladly paid the £36 as even though I was told it was put on my account in error by Vodafone by a Customer Service individual back in 2012 it could not be removed as it was on the old system. I just wanted to correct my credit score so I paid it thinking this would resolve the issue. 

However, they said at the time that the defaulted account could not be removed so I was angry as they had not disclosed this information when I paid the £36 charge. I was told there was nothing which could be done. I would have to wait 6 years before the defaulted account would be removed from my credit report which would seriously affect my chances or either renting or buying a house. It has now been two years almost since I settled the amount of £36 in November 2016 and I noticed on the forum that other individuals have suffered the same with a charge on their account causing it to be defaulted. Like them I received no notification of this charge so I would now like it to be removed from my credit score as I'm hoping to buy a house next year and can't afford having this defaulted account on my credit report when from 2012 to 2016 I was never notified of it by post or anything. 

I have all the information from my old account such as my old address I lived at in 2012 so would someone please be able to contact me to get this removed from my credit report as the charge has now been paid and I was never notified of it in the first place until I discovered in on my report in 2016. 

2 REPLIES 2

Vcarp1993

EDIT: Do not bother posting on on this forum, didn't solve my issue. Call 03333 041 524  for the complaints department. Had the defaulted account removed in less than 24 hours. 

Took me an hour yesterday to finally get somewhere with Vodafone. After speaking with several unhelpful customer service people after it was discovered my information had been either lost on their system or just not filed right they told me to contact Experian to obtain my old Vodafone account number which was a lie as Experian don't keep this info. Called back the complaints department and spoke to an extremely helpful and patient lady called Rosemary who took twenty minutes to locate my old account, she then spoke direct to the Credit File team who removed the default and it would show in two days. I didn't completely take them on faith alone but woke up this morning to the default no longer on my credit report. 

Recommend you don't bother with waiting for the online forums to get back to you, there are tons of new queries each day posted on here so it might take a few days for them to reach you. I went direct to the complaints department which is where you need to go as they can find your information quickly and transfer you direct to the Credit File team who can have the default removed if it was put on your account without notification to yourself. 

So glad I am finally done dealing with Vodafone after all this unneccessary hassle. The funniest part was after I got two text messages asking for feedback and if I would recommend them to a friend which made me laugh. No, I would recommend a reliable provider like O2 who I've been with for over four years now so no Vodafone I think your company is nothing but a scam judging by the hundreds of posts I found regarding defaulted accounts and complaints. No idea how you are still a company. 

good luck to anyone still attempting to get this resolved. Vodafone seems to just default all account for customers who decided to leave and give them no notification that they still have money outstanding after their contract ends, something which is never really explained in detail to the client when they ring up to end their contract. Nice work Vodafone, can see why so many customers are moving providers. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Apologies for the delay in reaching your post @Vcarp1993. I'm glad to see you've managed to have your issue resolved 🙂