cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Defaulted Vodafone account on my Credit Report, someone please help!?

aston1091
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can someone please give me some advice/information on what to do? I cancelled a Vodafone contract back in 2013 and was given a fee to pay to end the contract of £406, when I called back to pay the customer assistant told me that it had been settled and there was nothing to pay. Now in 2017, I have tried to look into getting a loan and was refused-there are deaults on my account going back to 2013!! I tried to contact Vodafone about this and told two different people about my situation and to listen to the phone call which we are always told-are recorded-and listen to the woman at the time telling me that there was nothing to pay. Suprise, they only keep recordings for 3 months and so I am left looking the fool-no proof, even though I was told my account was clear. This is ludicrious, and there seems to be no complaint procedure. I was told, pay the £406 or the default will not be removed, even though this was not my fault?! Please can someone give me some advise as this is preventing me from getting on with my life and getting a loan or mortgage.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @aston1091

Please let the Vodafone Team here catch up with your thread and I'm sure they will help you with this situation. 

Here is a thread I put together which may help. 

Default-on-your-Credit-File-and How-to-add-a-Notice-of-Correction.

One question. Did you receive a Sorry your Leaving Letter and £0 bill after ending the contract which confirms account cancellation?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@aston1091 Hi, so we can help with this please follow the steps in the private message that will be sent to you shortly. 

A member of the team will then be in touch as soon as possible.

I recieved a call a few days after posting this and sending my message into Vodafone and was told I would be called back the next day at the latest after she (not sure if it was you) had looked into the matter and still no word. That was over a week and a half ago now. Customer Service of Vodafone continues to appal and aggravate me. Can someone please help me with this?!

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@aston1091

That's not good to hear.

Please let us know the email reference number in your automated reply. It should look something like this [#123456].

Once received, we'll be happy to chase this up for you.