cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Defaulted account - Account was closed and i got no notice of a final payment from Vodafone

Stuie1982
2: Seeker

Hello,

Hoping someone can help me here. I have had a perfect credit rating for a long time and this is causing me all sort of issues with a new mortgage. 

Basically I closed a Vodafone account after paying everything perfectly for 2 years. I was told on the phone that no further payment were to be made so i stopped the direct debit. Turns out there was a payment to be made and after several months my account went into default. 

The only notice i got of this was when i got a letter from a credit collections company asking to make a final payment which i made straight away. To my surprise i had no letters or emails from Vodafone to chase the payments.

Can anyone advise how i can get this fixed and if its possible to get this removed from my credit report?

I find it very unfair that i should have my credit chances ruined for 6 years because of this. How can i pay something Vodafone told me never existed?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member

1. Credit reference agencies won't do anything to help you other than point you in the direction on Vodafone.

2. It's likely that when you defaulted (whatever the reason), Vodafone updated your credit report and sold your debt on. Vodafone are the only one's that can recall a debt from a debt collection agency and Vodafone are the only ones who can remove any default marker from your credit report.

I wouldn't waste time with live chat, it will get you nowhere! Write a letter of complaint and send it recorded and try the social media route. If they failed to provide you with online access to view your final bill and never made contact to alert you that a payment was due they are at fault.  Good Luck

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If you contact the Social Media team on Facebook or Twitter, you can ask for this to be escalated to Credit File Support.   At this stage, they're the only people will will have details, but this will include the full history.   They will be able to help you resolve this.  

Hello,

Thanks i will try this.

For more information i have spoken to customer service again (Abhishek) who i asked to escalate it and they supplied me with the number for Equifax! I then asked to be connected with a manager and got lied to twice that one would call back. The agent then cancelled the chat and put me back to the bot.

This process is highly frustrating. I was told by the agent he thinks there is a charge remaining on the account that should not be there...

Cheers

No response on Facebook. Spoke again to web chat and have been told a complaint has been raised but could not give me any reference number so i also raised a complaint on the website and asked for a subject reference report (GDPR) so i can hopefully see how they attempted to contact me, if at all, for these late payments.

WelshPaul

1. Credit reference agencies won't do anything to help you other than point you in the direction on Vodafone.

2. It's likely that when you defaulted (whatever the reason), Vodafone updated your credit report and sold your debt on. Vodafone are the only one's that can recall a debt from a debt collection agency and Vodafone are the only ones who can remove any default marker from your credit report.

I wouldn't waste time with live chat, it will get you nowhere! Write a letter of complaint and send it recorded and try the social media route. If they failed to provide you with online access to view your final bill and never made contact to alert you that a payment was due they are at fault.  Good Luck

Just to advise this got resolved today (well I still need to monitor my credit report) by the complaints procedure on thier website. Once I submitted this I was kept up to date by text and phone calls so was actually impressed by how well it was handled and hugely relieved its being sorted. Hope this helps someone else! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brillaint @Stuie1982 I'm so glad to hear our Complaints team have been able to resolve this for you 😊

Stuie1982

Just to update here. I have chatted to Vodafone who say my account is all cleared and there is no problem here. I was told by agent Ambujekson on chat that the credit default is applied by CCS Collect and NOT Vodafone. CSS Collect have advised that this is not the case the default it always applied by Vodafone. So im going to speak to Vodafone chat once again...