Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Denied 2nd line from 3rd party...

ayylmao
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I ordered two phones from a 3rd party fonehouse, one of which arrived and the other was denied because of credit. They claim that Vodafone has said I cannot have more than 1 line as a new customer. Talking to livechat on Vodafone the advisor says that's wrong and I can have many lines as a new customer. He gave me a number to .but it seems to go to Experian as I gather and an email that bounces. Before I phone up what's the chances of this being resolved. 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Vodafone UK allow a person added contracts dependent on how the existing ones have been conducted etc.

Vodafone UK cannot see why someone has been declined via a credit.check as their systems just say accepted or declined which is why its suggested to get a hold of ones Credit Credit File to check. .

That said as your an existing customer I can't see a credkt check being conducted. 

Are you able to try for another contract direct eith Vodafone UK and see if they can match what the 3rd party is offering ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @ayylmao

When you are a new customer, before being in a position to add an additional line, Vodafone have a 3 month clear payment rule.  By this time Vodafone will have an indication as to how you manage the account. After 3 months as you will have already been credit checked, you will be able to add an additional line and this should come with a discount. 

However, Customer Services will be the best place for advise as to how many lines you are able to add under the present credit check and your credit limit.

Do I call the 0344 481 0800 given by the advisor but as you contradict what they have said about the 3 month rule then do I call customer services? These are my first two Vodafone lines 

AnnS

Hi @ayylmao

As a new customer, with the 3 month clear payment rule for all new customers, it's unlikely Vodafone would make an exception and allow an additional full contract with a handset but you may have better luck with a cheaper SIM only plan. When you are taking out a new handset agreement, the third party or Vodafone will be providing an expensive piece of kit.

The only thing you can do is to call Vodafone on the contact us information here: Contact Us.  They will be able to access your account and give some indication of your credit limit.