Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Device cost iPhone Pro 12 Max

jimboy473
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Having received my new iPhone which I’m extremely happy about - However I was slightly bemused to see the device cost for the iPhone being £1,149.72 - some £50 more than what apple charge. 

Why is this?

I tried going through the online chat to only be offered the following - “that’s how much Vodafone pay apple for the phone” and “that’s how much it costs over a contract period”

Would it be unreasonable to ask that Vodafone only charge its customers the same amount as apple do for the actual device? 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I've seen on other networks tariffs where the line rental and device cost are as separate direct debits and they too have cost more than it would be to buy the iPhone outright from Apple.

Indeed I think that's one of the better cost effective time options to buy the iPhone from Apple and go on Sim Only,  disposable income allowing.

I wasn't aware Vodafone split their monthly amount into two amounts so a person is aware if there is a split cost or that the phone is thrown in as a perk of a pay monthly contract.

Does yours split into two separate accounts @jimboy473  ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

So from what I can see I pay all in one - but I only found out the cost of the phone when a summary of my contract got sent to me yesterday on the start date of my contract. 

BandOfBrothers

Ok I'm Payg so have never seen this breakdown.

Unfortunately it is probably is what it is but it can't harm to raise this with Vodafone Customer services just to make sure its right.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I did - got told I can cancel my contract if I don’t like it. Got £5 as a goodwill gesture for spending so long on the chat and being re-directed so many times. 

sadly not best customer service I’ve ever received!