Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Direct debit issue

Laylamae
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So Vodafone have my direct debit details forank. According to 3 online chats and a phone call to Vodafone my payment has been taken and balance is 0 on my bill. Yet a phone call to the the bank they have said there is no direct debit with Vodafone and no payment has been taken. On my online banking there isn’t a direct debit set up with Vodafone. The money is still in my account. I’m at my wits end trying to work our where the problem lies Vodafone or the bank all the direct debit details are correct 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I'm not surprised your frustrated at this situation. 

After all if Vodafone feel they've not got payment after all they can at the extreme engage debt collection agencies and without prior warning to you add a default to your credit file lasting 6 years and is really hard to get wiped off it's an error. 

As you seem to have exhausted customer service I'd suggest to engage with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Twitter

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

The Social Media links I've provided are the Official links that the Vodafone Forum Team here would provide you once they caught up and have read your thread.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter or Facebook account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you. I’ve tried the social media teams and they’ve said the same. I’ve spoke to Vodafone and apparently they have my monthly payment and the balance to be paid still remains at 0. Bank still saying that knows direct debit set up with Vodafone. So Im still lost as to who how they have my payment if the direct debit payment isn’t shown with my bank 😂

AnnS

Hi @Laylamae 

I suspect your problem here may be with it taking a bank around 2 weeks to set up a direct debit, the mandate is sent to your bank and returned to Vodafone after which time Vodafone can start to take payments from your account.  It certainly won't do any harm asking Vodafone if the mandate has been forwarded to your bank.

The other possibility is that banks can be a little concerned when setting up a direct debit instruction from a mobile phone company and it won't do any harm just to let your bank know there will be a direct debit instruction coming from Vodafone.

In the meantime, you are able to contact Vodafone and put your account in credit, this will take care of any due payment which may not be received.

Should there be any error with the direct debit at your bank, you always have the direct debit guarantee, this is the banks own guarantee and something they are obliged to honour.

I hope you manage to get the issue solved.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Laylamae, I appreciate this will be a frustrating time. Can you describe to me exactly what our Social Media advised you as we sit within the same team - So i'd be interested to find out more information for you.