Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Disgrace with Upgrade of phone

tcdazrach
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am due for a upgrade, but I am having so much problem with Vodafone customer service. All phone companies have changed Thier phones to Air Time charge and phone charge, I understand that, but what I don't understand is why, after being a customer for over 20-years, noone will price match a phone deal with another company and not waive the upfront cost?? I can get the same deal for £8 less a month and no upfront cost. So only paying £20 a month (£11 air time, £8 phone) with no upfront cost for Sony Xperia 10 III with 5GB of data and unlimited calls and texts. Noone will budge from £28 deal for same phone with a £29 upfront cost. It is really disgraceful. I am going to wait till January and leave to get this deal from Virgin if Vodafone won't do something. 

Is anyone else having or had similar problems, and can you advise me on what to do?? 

If a moderator can get involved that would be a even better as hopefully you can sort this out and stop me from leaving Vodafone.

Many thanks in advance

Tracy 

3 REPLIES 3

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @tcdazrach 

It's great that you want to stay with us after so many loyal years! I'm sorry the Sales team haven't been able to match the offer - they're not always able to do this. 

We're not able to place upgrades orders via the Community or over Social Media -  I'd recommend speaking to our Sales team online so we can double check all the available offers 🙂

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

So why don't you just switch networks? Virgin Mobile use the Vodafone network so you won't see any difference signal wise.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @tcdazrach 

Did you call 191 and choose the Thinking of Leaving option as this would get you through to the Vodafone Retentions Department who can offer certain deals to try and retain you. Ask for a Pac which may have the desired effect  :Winking_smiley:

The closer you are to the end of your contract end date the better sometimes the deals on offer. These won't be as good if your at an early upgrade stage as your still locked into a contract at this stage.

Have you perhaps looked at deals offered by Carphone Warehouse  ?

They can sometimes offer good deals.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.