cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Do you have to call to cancel a contract?

Phoneuser99
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,

I am going abroad on July the 31st to a country not included in the free Global Roaming addition. The second anniversariy of my contract is coming up on August the 5th and I want to end that contract as I'll be gone until the end of December. 

Unfortnatley I have no idea if my phone (iPhone SE) is locked on Vodafone's network or how log will it take to unlock it, so therefore I have no idea how long will it take for me to be able to cancel my contract.

Is there anyway of doing it online?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Phoneuser99 

Your iPhone will be locked to the Vodafone Network as are all phones supplied by the network.

To unlock it you would need to fill out the Nuc form located under the quick links at the side of the forum page, or in the link I've supplied about leaving Vodafone.

After Vodafone accept your unlock request they then ask Apple to release the lock which can sometimes take Apple a further 30 + days.

An iPhone will unlock even if your out of the country as that phone is unique in the way that it does not need a Nuc but is released centrally by Apple.

To cancel a contract and not want to retain your mobile number then you'll need to give Vodafone 30 days notice via a phone call to them as they need you to pass security checks to confirm your the account holder.

Further information is available in Support.vodafone.co.uk/Leaving-Vodafone/What-happens-when-I-leave / How-do-I-cancel-my-Pay-monthly-c...

On a side note > A person wanting to switch to a new network can now text to do this > ofcom. Text-to-switch-simple-to-switch-mobile-network.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.