Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Does The Web Ordering Actually Work?

hunshelf
3: Seeker

I have been trying to set up a contract and phone with Vodafone for over a week. The order online includes discounts, that do not get applied if you go to a shop or if a tele sale is made.

10 attempts and 2 actual orders under the guidance of online sales reps and I still have yet to see any progress on my order. Promises from online reps that "the order will be processed tomorrow", but tomorrow never comes.

Actually, the only progress has been for Vodafone to cancel the orders after they have been sat there for 4 and 5 days respectively.

So today they told me that they can process my order and have it sent to my home address.

Me: "No. I selected click and collect over a week ago as I work near a Vodafone store. I can't have it delivered to home or work."

Vodafone: "Sorry but we can't do that, you will have to have it delivered to your home address tomorrow.. Otherwise there is nothing we can do."

Me: "But you're processing my web order, so let me collect it from the store."

Vodafone: "We can't do that as it will mess up the stock in the store."

Me: "But when I ordered it said there was stock in the store."

Vodafone "We can't do it. I am going to have to cancel your order and set up a new one."

Me: "OK. So get it sent to the store then."

Vodafone: "We can't do thatI".

Me: "Just process my Web order!"

Then one hour later Vodafone send me a message to tell me that my credit check has failed and they are cancelling the order. So I contacted the credit agency, they told me the reason for the failure was that Vodafone made multiple requests for information. So not a credit check failure at all. Another mess up by Vodafone.

So I now have 2 accounts, no phone and no order.

So now it is time to ring the complaints line on 08080 044900.

"Please enter the phone number you wish to complain about."

You haven't sent me a phone or a phone number. That's what I want to complain about.

Anyone know where I can complain about the Complaints Phone Line? 

Anyone else had such problems with a Web Ordering system that does not work?

14 REPLIES 14

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @hunshelf

I'm not surprised your unimpressed at this.  :Sad_face:

In regards to phoning Vodafone. 

Landline Tel :03333040191

When using the Vodafone Landline number key in your Vodafone mobile number after prompted OR if issues exist where the IVR System will not recognise the mobile number then you can opt to ignore the initial prompts to type in the mobile number, and then on approx the 4th request it should then change to ask to input 1 for Payg or 2 for Contract Customers.

General enquiries: Monday to Sunday 8am – 9pm.

If this was my situation I'd also ask for the extra searches to be removed. Or it could take up to 90 days for your credit file / credit score to recover. 

I'm surprised they can't attach these "discounts" you mention. May I ask why they are saying they cannot ?

I hope this is resolved asap for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hunshelf
@BandOfBrothers,

Thanks for the info on the complaints line. Tried them twice and they didn't solve the problem either.

I specifically made the request on line for collection from a store for my convenience. No delivery to work, home or weekends. Everything I order is click and collect. Every other company can cope. But not Vodafone.

Apparently no one in Vodafone can place an order for delivery to a store.

Asked them to remove the 2 empty accounts that they now have for me. That looks unlikely to happen!

So my web order that was due for collection in an hour is now 6 days overdue and just sitting there and no one at Vodafone can do anything about it ...... allegedly.

Is this the way they treat all new customers?

Any advice welcome or should I just give it up as a bad experience and go elsewhere?

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

This eforum is owned and monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name. All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I sure hope that they do as the latest advice from Vodafone has generated this:

Credit Rating

Just so that Vodafone know this is based on a credit rating of in excess of 980 out of a possible 999. How much higher does it need to be?

I also had online vouchers to use. Now they are telling me that they are all used up on orders and I cannot have any more. They are all used up on orders that they keep trying to process, but don't deliver, then they have to cancel. Can you please tell me which orders that you've delivered that they were used on?

I rang the complaints line and they told me complete rubbish. Kept transferring me to people that could not help me and tried to sell me something that I did not want.

So now I have:

• Been lied to more times than I care to mention
  • No discount vouchers
  • No processed orders
  • No phone
  • No contract
  • A credit rating that has been shot down by Vodafone
  • Wasted nearly 2 weeks of my life that I am not going to get back.

.... and all because the Vodafone web ordering system does not work!

Hi @hunshelf

I've sent you a direct message. 

Cara

Thanks @Cara_B,

I replied directly to you and gave you the reference.

I have had another reply and all that Vodafone staff keep telling me is that I should go for one of their Pay As You Go phones. 

Sorry but that is totally unaccepatable:

• Having held mobile phone contacts for over 16 years with no defaults
  • A credit rating of over 900 out of a possible 999
  • A high household income.

They do not even read the messages or investigate the incident. There is no acknowledgement of error or wrong doing.

Apparently Vodafone are not prepared to fix my credit rating.

I think that, I will allow them 3 more working days after which I shall be making a formal complaint.

If this is how they treat new customers, what sort of service do existing customers get?

Hi @hunshelf

Please reply to the email to dicuss this issue further.

Thanks,

Sarah 

hunshelf
I have.

But all I get told is that I can only have A Pay As You Go due to credit rating.

No investigation or attempt to fix the problem.

hunshelf
An update:

I received a phone call from Vodafone on Friday 14th October telling me that my order was ready for collection and to quote a number.

I told her that order had been cancelled and that I've not received anything else.

I was told "No the order is there waiting for you. Just quote the reference when you go to the shop."

Called in to the shop. Lo and behold - no phone or order for collection. The girl in the store told me that the order was cancelled on the 5th October.

No phones in stock.

Thanks for the wasted journey.