cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Does anyone have a direct dial for the Vodafone Fraud Team?

Daisy1974
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have changed my phone (and number) to Vodafone recently and of course one of the first things I did was send a group text through my Mac to all my friends telling them my new number.  Unfortunately Vodafone pick this up as fraudulent activity and simply send you a text saying I have breached T&C's and my service will be deactivated!!!  No call to check I actioned the group text (I have unlimited texts so not sure how it is a breach of T&C's).

They give you a number to call but it is simply a voicemail and you have to leave your name and number.  Obviously no call back has happened yet and I need my phone as my mother-in-law is terminally ill and I want to run my businesss!!

Does anyone out there have a direct dial for the Fraud Team so that I can get this resolved.  Customer Services refered me back to the automated phone number three times (and BT once!!), live web chat were useless and Twitter dont respond!

Seriously one of the worst customer service experiences of my life.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

For Vodafone UK systems to be picking this up as a breach of your T&C's their has to be a considerable amount of bulk texts or it's been regular. 

Let the Vodafone Social Media Team here catch up with your thread and I'm sure they'll help. 

To add there is an online form that may help. 

Vodafone fraud-report-form.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks.  I hope they can 'pick it up' and actually get me up and running again.  Not regular, just one bulk text sent to 58 people!  V. frustrating.

BandOfBrothers

Hang in there. 

Once the Vodafone Social Media Team here catch up and bring you in away from the open forum to pass security checks and clarify your situation I'm sure they'll be pleased to get your account unsanctioned. 

Just to add this kind of terms and conditions is in place to stop companies  / people using SIM cards to send regular bulk texts. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Daisy1974 As @BandOfBrothers has mentioned, we'd be more than happy to look into what's going on and to see what can be done to have you back up and running on our network. 

Please contact our team using the link in my private message and we'll get the ball rolling!