Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

ESim activation for my Apple Watch taking too long

liamo
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Why is it taking so long to activate the eSim on  my Apple Watch.? Apparently everything is good to go but I seem to be in a technical hold awaiting somebody to do it. So far this week I've seen a 24 to 48hrs deadline pass and am now on another 24hr deadline which will end at approx 5pm today. I'm assured  that this has been put on somebody's to do list but am losing confidence in Vodafone's ability to do the basics here. This all started when my new AW hooked up on cellular and consequently knocked my phone of 4G and Cellular. I've since had that restored but VF have fundamentally failed to reconnect my Watch. I'm fed up of online chat and want action please. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I personally wouldn't suggest to have too many Vodafone agents start going into your account and change / activate things @liamo 

However if the deadline passes without resolution then perhaps try the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

There has been a few threads where there has been delays in activating an AW unfortunately.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi and thank you for taking the time to respond. I understand what you are saying and take note of your alternative approach and will follow that up. I think this agent approach to technical queries is not really working. They come into their own when you are upgrading or similar but I believe technical queries should be dealt with up front by technical. For example yesterday the first agent yesterday bounced me because he didn't have full access to the account (I think the query put him off) he passed me onto another agent who promptly disconnected after greeting me and the third one looked at the detail but just gave me another deadline. It's pretty boring I have to say...all that time spent sat there staring at a laggy online chat and I'm no further on.

regards

liamo

hrym

If a SIM fials to activate, frontline customer services tend to attempt re-activation and that can simply gum things up even more.   If it's still not working, use the link @BandOfBrothers provided and the Social Media team will escalate this correctly so that the issue can be resolved.