Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Early upgrade Policy Change?

EmmaCMF
4: Newbie

So, from 2nd February to 19th February, I was eligible for an early upgrade, as my contract ends 18th April.  Yet coincidentally, on the very day of one of the year’s biggest phone releases, Vodafone have apparently changed their upgrade policy to 15 days before the end of the contract, with no warning.

@vodafoneuk said my account is still showing the original upgrade date, as did live chat last night, but when I spoke to live chat to upgrade today, I was told about the new policy. Can anyone from Vodafone confirm this, please?

If this is indeed the case, then I’m off.

22 REPLIES 22

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

It's really disappointing to hear you feel this way @Adow27 and I'm sorry you've had this experience with us. We'd be really sad to see you go if you decided to cancel and we'd love to keep you on board with us 🤞 So we're able to take a closer look into your eligibility to upgrade and help get things sorted for you, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us.

Thank you for your reply, I have followed the steps in your pm and hope this is resolved easily and soon, 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

You're welcome @Adow27, I'm sure everything will be sorted when we reply to your email 😊

I’ve just found out that the upgrade date has changed! It’s not good. Was looking forward to upgrading my phone as my current one is past its best. But now I have to wait till mid May! Sort it out Vodafone.

beightonguru
6: Helper
6: Helper

Yep unfortunately vodafone has changed their upgrade policy to now being available only in the last 15 days of contract and not 45. Its a little close to the brand new samsung release for my liking but as its not part of your contract they are allowed to change this at any time. The answer they gave me was to align with other networks but to me its just GREED. I remember when i last upgraded it was 75 days.

I've gotta a feeling it's down to the s10 release too I feel it's an absolute disgrace to loyal customers. I've always been the same upgraded around 2 month early and it still states on the website for red bundle customers it is 60 days so surely they should honour this

I logged in yesterday and it said I could upgrade (I assume as a result of my email to Loz) I've never hit checkout so fast in my life! Someone else on Twitter phoned complaints and was also able to upgrade, so stick with it.

I try and remember that those on the phones are just representing vodafone, and the changes like this that impact customers are always left to those poor employees to deal with the backlash! They no doubt have no control over policies and guidelines but i bet they get it in the neck. I would personally advise complaining via the email form at the bottom of the website as it goes higher. Nothing they can do about it and I'd rather not ruin someones day over the greed of the CEOs. It is actually ridiculous, vodafone are constantly trying to line their pockets. I understand its a business but when they make descisions that do not benefit anyone but their profits for the sake of it, you know something is wrong. 

Every Vodafone customer service agent I've dealt with has been wonderful - I can't fault the customer care at ground level. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@originalem @beightonguru I'm sorry to see how the recent upgrade changes have made you both feel. I've sent you both a private message with details to get in touch with our team. We'll then be able to contact you both to help resolve things for you.

Thanks for your comment and feedback @EmmaCMF - if we can help with anything else in the future, please let us know.