Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Early upgrade issues

Kazzymidd2312
2: Seeker

So I have been following my Vodafone app for a while checking for early upgrade which said February 16th 2020 without a fee, Sunday morning arrives and I pop on to chat to upgrade that part was pretty simple enough and they upgraded me in around 30 minutes.

I was then told I would receive an email pretty soon to confirm the order by late evening I'd still not received any confirmation via text message or email so I decided to pop on chat again and see what was happening the chat advisor told me that there was an error on my account and my order has not gone through processed. That chat advisor then went on to cancel the order and start again they also advised me that I would receive an email pretty soon after they had gone through the terms and conditions with me etc.

Again received nothing so Monday morning I got back onto the chat advisor who told me that this order had also not gone through and that they would do it again, they stayed on the chat with me until was complete but again said there was another issue with my account that they were going to do their best to try and fix something to do with SIM verification or configuration this led to another two orders being cancelled. I was advised to try and do it myself online and see what happened so I did I made a web order to be collected at store but I got no confirmation of collection again so this morning I called Vodafone and they said that they would do their best to try and get me upgraded. They went through the whole process again or cancelling that web order and doing it whilst I was on the phone to them but again as soon as they had put the order through it came up cancelled. Does anybody have any advice about what the issue could be and how I can solve it they said even if I go into store it will be the same problem as they use the same computer system. It is very strange and I had the same error back in 2018 when I upgraded it took them about 8 attempts before I finally got my upgrade.

7 REPLIES 7

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Something odd is happening.   If you contact the Social Media team via Facebook or Twitter, they can investigate offline (rather than trying to do it while you hang on the other end of a chat) and get back to you.

Apprently its being delt with but could take days

Craigh3

I have the same issue there excuse is that there is a miss alignment with contract dates

I've been told there is 2 sim numbers on my account and they need to get one removed before i can upgrade successfully 😭

Thanks for the update on this @Kazzymidd2312 If you like us to take a look into this for you @Craigh3, pop us a private message via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK and we'll be happy to help.

Private messaging on Facebook are absolutely useless I get more sense chewing a toffee

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way @Craigh3, if you'd prefer to contact us through another channel, you can speak to us by calling 191 from any Vodafone phone. Alternatively, you can reach out to us online through our Live Chat team. However you choose to get in touch with us, I'm sure we'll be able to sort out the confusion over your upgrade date.