Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Email saying I can end my current agreement without penalty

Jaytc2003
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I have used my phone in Turkey over the past few years and this was a country where I could use my dat allowance. I received an email from Vodafone saying they are changing this and I can leave my current agreement without penalty. I got my PAC code and tried moving to a pay monthly contract elsewhere, however they aren't able to transfer the number.  Anyone had these issues before?  And can I really leave without penalty?

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Has the other UK network clarified why they can't use the Pac supplied by Vodafone UK ?

Maybe the Pac is bad ?

Customer services on 191, Live Chat and the Vodafone Social Media Team should be able to officially advise.

There are recent threads on the forum about leaving the contract without penalty if you'd  like to perform a forum search @Jaytc2003 

One is Cancelling-contract-without-penalty. 

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks, I cant get through to Vodafone on anything at present hence I am here.  Tried a search as well but nothing coming up for me.  I will try again though thanks.

BandOfBrothers

I've edited my post to add one of the threads @Jaytc2003 

Also try the Vodafone Social Media Team link I added as they have account access.

Please let us know how you get on.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

May I ask again.

Has the other UK Network explained why they can't use the Pac supplied by Vodafone  ?

I assume it was issued by Vodafone within the last 30 days as a Pac Times out.

Current Phone  >

Yes PAC is a few days old.  Got the unlock code no issue.  Having issues contacting the new provider.  Seems to be a common thing at present communicating with comms suppliers :Smiling:

BandOfBrothers

When you received the email from Vodafone about leaving early there should have been a telephone number within to contact the relevant department of Vodafone to leave early without exit fee's.

Current Phone  >

BandOfBrothers

@Jaytc2003 wrote:

Yes PAC is a few days old.  Got the unlock code no issue.  Having issues contacting the new provider.  Seems to be a common thing at present communicating with comms suppliers :Smiling:

I'm a bit confused as your first post says " I got my PAC code and tried moving to a pay monthly contract elsewhere, however they aren't able to transfer the number. "

In your above post you say " Having issues contacting the new provider. "

Has the new provider stated they cannot action the Pac from Vodafone or not please ?

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Yes I got an automated email response from my new provider saying they couldn't switch it. I'm not moving to a pay monthly contract, just a sim only deal rolling month. 

BandOfBrothers

@Jaytc2003 wrote:

Yes I got an automated email response from my new provider saying they couldn't switch it. I'm not moving to a pay monthly contract, just a sim only deal rolling month. 

This could be for a number of reasons @Jaytc2003 

Credit checks etc as even sim only needs one to be accepted as a customer.

You'll only know if you contact them for an explanation of the automated email response.

Current Phone  >