Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Emoji Texts are they picture messages

nesty
4: Newbie

Apologies, if this been asked before but couldn't find a recent answer.

I have taken ownership of a Huawei P30 Pro on pay monthly, it has some great new features over my old Samsung. 

Do Emoji in a text class as a MMS Picture message, or are they free in part of the texts bundle?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @nesty 

Providing you are sending the message as SMS you should be able to add an Emoji.  The easiest way to check is to add the Emoji to the text, the phone should let you know if it is converting to MMS.

You can also check for any out of bundle charges through the My Vodafone Application but it may need 24 hours to update.  You also have the option on the phone and account to restrict outgoing and incoming MMS messages, if you block yourself there is no chance of the phone being able to convert to MMS.

However, if the recipient is on WhatsApp, Facebook Messager or an equivalent App, use the App, this way you can send unlimited picture messages using your data allowance or over WiFi.

Just for information Vodafone have an unlimited MMS package for a monthly charge of £2.50 here: Pay Monthly Extras 

Hi Ann S 

Many thanks for the reply.

When sending my phone doesn't say converting to MMS. 

I'll check my account in 24 hours.

Many of my friends are on FB, Whats App etc, though some are old skool on text service, so want to add something to the texts, which not additional cost. Tariff's are enough, as they are nowadays!  

Thanks