cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

End my tether. Incorrect billing every month.

jpsmythe
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

After cancelling my contract due to the price rise a few months ago, I stupidly signed up again the day later on June 13 via the retentions team. The deal provided was £37 normally, £18.50 for 12 months and included:

Unlimited Calls/Texts

20GB data

4GB EU

12 Months entertainment

World traveller

Extra 2GB.

The first month went fine, they took the  £18.50 payment and everything worked great. Unfortunately after 1 month, Vodafone completely cut my account off. It appears they didn't bother to cancel my PAC request after signing up via retentions.

After nearly a week with no phone I was emailed saying my new contract is £40 with no EU or perks, after several days of calls I managed to get a refund and the contract reinstated.   and basically every month since then my bill reverts back to £37 I have had to phone up Vodafone and get them to refund 

Every month since then my bill reverts back to £37 I have had to phone up Vodafone and get them to refund the money/alter the bill  and promise it won't happen again. 

To make it worse this normally requires multiple calls. Normally the first couple of times the call centre person promises everything is fixed but 48 hours after there has been no change at all. I can't help but think these cheap outsourced call centre people just take a call and literally do nothing. 

If anyone in Vodafone that can help, it would be greatly appreciated. My email on the forum is the same as my account email. 

I have call logs and live chat transcripts of every encounter with Vodaphone, plus screen prints each month of every mess up on my bill. 

I am on the verge of just cancelling my DD and dealing with the collections team, I feel like that will be less effort and stress than chasing Vodafone to fix my contract. 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @jpsmythe

Please do not Cancel your Direct Debit. If you do and pay late or not pay etc then Vodafone can and typically will report this on your Credit File that remains there for 6 years causing difficulty in obtaining credit. It wouldn't be removed. 

Well I'm not surprised your frustrated and unimpressed with this. Certainly sounds like something has glitched resulting from your PAC.

Although the account would only end if you used the PAC code by giving it to another network.

With discounts because Vodafone do not reduce the actual tariff amount so this would always show at full cost the discount should be applied at the bottom of the bill when it had been generated. 

If this was my situation I'd use the following number if ringing billing isn't bearing fruit. 

Vodafones Complaints number [Removed by admin] 
Free to call.

To add This eforum is owned and monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name. All posts are read by them.

So alternatively Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the number. I will give that a try now.