Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Entertainment pack charges continuing after upgrade

njthec
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

vodafone.jpg           How do I stop/get refunded the £9.99 charge for Entertainment that has been applied to my account since I upgraded to a new package that has Entertainment included?

My account status shows I have Entertainment included for two years, yet I have been charged £9.99 for two months after upgrade.

In the past you did not need to cancel the old package before upgrading and in any event it is now too late to have done that prior to upgrading.

5 REPLIES 5

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @njthec, hmmm that's odd! Just to confirm, you didn't have the Entertainment Pack in your previous contract?

Is the £9.99 charge from Vodafone or from the subscription to the Entertainment service? 

So that we can check your account, we'd need you to drop us a message on social media here 😊

I had the entertainment pack on the previous subscription

I upgraded the service on line to a new one also including entertainment

I find myself being billed £30 extra since upgrading

last night I spent 30 mins on chat with an agent who assured me (at his decision) he would cancel the old subscription and I should re subscribed for the new free one per a link he sent

we tried the link and are told we are not allowed it since our trial has expired

we look destined to start paying again

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you for passing across that info @njthec. We'd like to get this sorted and turn it around for you today - So that we can look into your account and what's what with your current plan, could you drop us a message on social media here 😊

On the general question of upgrading pay monthly SIM only with entertainment:

When upgrading a SIM only pay monthly entertainment-inclusive contract (contract OLD), via the web site, to a new SIM only pay monthly entertainment inclusive package (contract NEW):

1. does the user automatically receive a sign up link for the NEW contract entertainment package, and need to follow the steps to get the NEW inclusive service?  Or does the upgrade process handle this automatically?

2. Does the user need to cancel the OLD contract's Entertainment service, when upgrading, or does the upgrade process handle this switch over?.  If they must cancel the old service, when in the process must they do this - eg during the last 30 days of the OLD contract, prior to activating the new service?  

when I last upgraded, I was able to sign up for the new entertainment package, via the link that was sent, without needing to cancel the prior service - although my experience has been that receiving the link was hit and miss (usually miss).  the process appears to have changed again

thank you

PS on a personal note, for background info only,  I contacted chat last night, who claimed they had cancelled the rogue paid service I had been put onto following upgrade, and sent me a link to sign up to the new contract's included service.  so they said. as the screen shot shows I ended up being forced to go without or sign up to a paid service.  I have now just repeated the process via Twitter. I appear to be on the free service now, but won't know till the next bill whether this is truly sorted out.  Please take this as background info to address the general query above, rather than my specific experience, which I will take up elsewhere.IMG_0115.jpg

Hi @njthec soon after changing your plan you should expect to receive a text confirming your current subscription has ended, soon after that another text will be sent confirming what you are eligible for with your new plan, this is where you can go through the normal activation journey to sign up. If for any reason this doesn't happen then we can manually end the subscription which will then allow you to sign up again 😊