Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Excessive uk call charges

Mredmond
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have 3 phones and a sim on an old iPad.  The iPad is rarely used as it is very slow.  I got a bill for £1000 for this iPad For calls and searches made over xmas and new year.  I was away for New Year and did not have this iPad with me so no one could have used it.  They are saying this is impossible.  I also had a max usage charge in place but they say it did not apply to the iPad.  Is this correct, has anyone experienced ant thing like this?

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Mredmond

Unless someone had the use of your ipad whilst you were away, that is very strange.

Data caps are in place to stop going over the monthly allowance and this will apply to any mobile broadband and tablet plans purchased after 28 September 2016.   However, you would have needed to opt into the service.  There is further information on data caps below.

Data Capping

You are not the only one with a large data bill on the forum and there should have been a credit limit on the account.  Give the Team here on the forum time to get to the thread, they will be able to look at your account and find out what has happened.

hrym

There are a few things you can do yourself.  In the first instance, look at the usage breakdown on the bill.   Calls (can an iPad make calls?) will show date, time and number called.   Data tends to be cumulated, so amounts and timing may not correspond exactly, but dates should be accurate.   You can also look at the data monitor on the device itself, which may show which app/s have been used.

Was the device shut down while you were away?  If so, then it can't have connected unless someone turned it on.  If not, there's the tiny (I'd say vanishingly small) possibility of a glitch that's caused data use, but £1000 worth is more than just the odd update, I'd say.

Drop a brief note back here of what you find and the forum team will be able to take your details privately and have a look at their end.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mredmond - This is very strange and I can imagine it being a shock to receive the high bill.

We’ll need to investigate this further. It’s also worth checking if you recognise any of the numbers that show as called by going to your My Vodafone.

Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.