Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Expired Certificate

nicholask
2: Seeker

Does anyone know why the certificate at the following site has expired (it's now been over week):

https://vodafoneinlifeporting.co.uk/ilp/web-forms/pay-as-you-go-to-pay-monthly/

A vodafone form takes you to this site in order to transfer an exisitng PAYG # to a new Monthly-pay account!?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It appears that a new Ceritificate was issued on 22/10/2018 and rolled out, so thanks for the followup.

As an aside. Vodafone, you should probably scribble down 27/10/2020 when the certificate next expires 😉

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

They can easily be overlooked.

Have you told anyone at Vodafone? Maybew a tweet to Vodafone may help.

Customer services said they can work around this and enter the data directly (hopefully securely). We shall see.

As for the claim, that expired certificates can easily be "overlooked", not sure I follow. Certificates are typically issued by Certificate Authorities (self-signed ones are essentially worthless) and they provide plenty of notice(s) of expiry. Perhaps you are saying that such notices are routinely ignored.

However I'm not aware of any mission-critical sites running for weeks with expired certificates. If that were the case, on what basis should anyone trust "vodafoneinlifeporting" - it could be anyone and anywhere!!

nicholask

Hi Ann,

Thank you for the reply. I have no issue with how to navigate the site nor how to resolve this issue (one way or the other).

If you follow the link you provided, and then select "I want to move from Pay as you go to Pay monthly", followed by clicking on the word "form" (last but one word in the text message), perhaps you would get a clearer picture of my initial question.

As an aside, I suspect this issue is potentially related to Gyron Internet Ltd. which hosts the micro-service in question. Theres is no earthly reason for the average user to trust the site without a valid Certificate - but I digresss.

It appears that a new Ceritificate was issued on 22/10/2018 and rolled out, so thanks for the followup.

As an aside. Vodafone, you should probably scribble down 27/10/2020 when the certificate next expires 😉